Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWW-700M Touchscreen gone be crazy

Hello All,
    I've got troubles with the touchscreen of my DWW-700M . It works fine until a short time and after the cursor goes anywhere or sound blocked on axis.. vertical or horizontal....
    I'm using Worcol driver...with this software there Draw section to test the calibrating. it can show me the troubles very fine. if i design a square the line don't follow the finger or pen.
    What s wrong with it ??? have you already seem it before ?

Thanks
    AIR-V

same prob

same prob
    send back to Armen..
    I got new one..
    work great for 1 month
    now.. it's fu*ked again
    i don't want to send back another time.. because:
    1- i'm from canada... (43$ for shipping)
    2- with my second DWW-700M.. motor seem to be better (more power..less noise) than the first one.. i don't want to take a chance to have poor motor..
    3- summer=driving
    4- receive two dww-700m... got 2 defect unit .. "never 2 without 3"
    search in forum .. fews people got same prob..

and check this thread:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50291

good luck with your DWW-700M

Comment

I have the same problem as:
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50291

Problem is with the drivers methinks.

Tried the drivers supplied, and all drivers on egalax.

Egalax supplied drivers works perfectly on my mac (OSX 10.4).
      <edit>I was wrong, the powerbook looses calibration after a few minutes in the same places the pc does</edit>

Been scouring forums, havent found a real fix with this.

Tried all combiations of drivers with fresh install, sp1, and sp2.

I get it working for about 10 minutes, then it will go back crazy..

Any definitive fix before I rma my entire setup?

Comment

my prob it's not because drivers...
        when i receive my new dww-700m (the second one) .. i don't installed new drivers.. i just plug in usb .. and use driver used with my first defect screen ... (egalax 4.0)

the screen work perfectly .... during the first month.. after that.. some area of LCD stop to respond...

begin with the bottom right corner (square of 1/8 inch)
        fews days later... (square of 1/4 inch)
        fews days later... (square of 1/2 inch)
        fews days later... bottom left & top right corner too...

my carputer is 100% finished .. so no new hardware .. except last week I plug usb mouse because my touchscreen don't work anymore..

after calibration (25).. work better.. except bottom right corner.. and I need to re-calibrated each 10 minute

sometime mouse pointer stay in top left corner.. don't want to move anywhere.. but i can click at (0,0) position .. woohoo..

sometime.. when i press somewhere and the mouse cursor don't move where i want to ... i can apply a stronger pressure.. sometime work.. sometime not..

i think some area of my LCD is frozen ..

my workaround: draw a LARGE SQUARE .. before trying to use touchscreen.. repeat this each 10 minute .. and before calibration..

Comment

looks like a real bad problem, i say try to refund and get your money back

Comment

This problem also has a fix. If you bought your monitor from me you can return it for repair. It needs a new touch panel. For those that want to do this yourself, I can send you a new touch panel. Here is a how to: http://www.digitalww.com/DWW700M_touchpanel.html

Armen
            http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

Wonder if ziplock will provide the same courtesy, heh heh.

Comment

Armen is very helpful with everything he sells, and backs it 100%. I hope you all get your problems sorted out, he made sure I got mine sorted out very fast.

300th post

Comment

i live in the UK and got one from here, same problem. can't send it back cause it would cost about $150 (&#163;70) and couple of weeks with a hole in my MG dash.. the whole thing sucks if you ask me....

Comment

Originally posted by xtn
                    i live in the UK and got one from here, same problem. can't send it back cause it would cost about $150 (70) and couple of weeks with a hole in my MG dash.. the whole thing sucks if you ask me....
                    if you bought from Armen.. ask him for a new touch panel.. i got mine.. very easy to install.. now my touch screen work great !

Comment

Originally posted by xtn
                      i live in the UK and got one from here, same problem. can't send it back cause it would cost about $150 (70) and couple of weeks with a hole in my MG dash.. the whole thing sucks if you ask me....
                      Maybe you can buy the touchpanel and have it shipped for less than it would cost you to send your monitor back...?

Comment

i bought mine from here (mp3car.com) and was told to send it back....

Comment

Same here... Buoght the monitor first problem in 1 month... replaced (shipping cost really a lot from ITALY!!) now... AGAIN... i dont want to pay again for the replacement! What to do?

attached screenshoot about the calibration grid and design
                          Only random lines no traking possible
                          Attached Files

Comment

New update... today I tried to "TEST" if the case of the monitor is well isolated... I discovered a strange things... it isnt isolted
                            my TESTER show me that there is a "MASS" in fact if you give power to the monitor and touch the external case u will fill something strange on your fingers im really sad about that... it is not really safe Maybe this cause the touchscreen problem? I think that it might cause the problem.

That's SAD really SAD

Comment

Working...
                            X