APP - FOR USB Phidget Encoder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APP - FOR USB Phidget Encoder

Well I got the Phidget Encoder working good. Volume goes up and down, and when you push the button in it will mute then unmute. I plan on adding other things in for example hold button down for 5 seconds will restart the computer. This encoder can do alot for a small package.

Encoder

App starts min to tray

If you need to see it double click tray it works without focus and will work when you play games.

To use this app you need

1 x PhidgetSensor Encoder - New Format (1052a)
    1 x A working soundcard

DOWNLOAD
    2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Is there a Phidget supplier in the UK?

Comment

Nice little thingy Maybe your interessted to extend your app to utilize MWI. This way you could use the encoder to generate keystrokes or switch between the running tasks.
      You'll find the online documentation here: http://zhorvat.dyndns.org/PCForums/S...spx?ForumID=66
      Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

Ya I do have plans to maybe add two encoders to my car one for volume and one for something else maybe what your talking about I will have to look into it.

Good stuff

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

If you have questions about MWI, feel free to drop a post into my forum.
          Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

Originally posted by mbkowns
            Well I got the Phidget Encoder working good. Volume goes up and down, and when you push the button in it will mute then unmute. I plan on adding other things in for example hold button down for 5 seconds will restart the computer. This encoder can do alot for a small package.

Encoder

App starts min to tray

If you need to see it double click tray it works without focus and will work when you play games.

To use this app you need

1 x A working soundcard

DOWNLOAD
            Yours is the one that I am using... it will not work inside of RR

Nice little APP though
            2002 Twin Turbo ZO6
            2005 Hummer H2

Comment

works for me

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

works for me
                When I got my Phidget they said that I apparent for the OLD type instead of the new type. So that might be my issue.

I should have the other one by Friday, will check again.

Can you send me the source code for that? I would like to incorporate it into my RR file... or send it to Guino and he will incorporate it with credit correctly given to you.

Thanks,
                Nick
                2002 Twin Turbo ZO6
                2005 Hummer H2

Comment

powermate

Encoder

App starts min to tray

To use this app you need

1 x A working soundcard

DOWNLOAD

anybody using a powermate.... thinkin about ordering one .....

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/
                  69 Mustang
                  408 clevor AFD 2v heads - Viper T56
                  Audio:RUX-C701, PXA-H701, MRV-F545, (2) MRD-M1005, SIR-SC-H1, DMHD1000, Dayton Audio: (2) RS180-4, (2) RS28F-4, (2) RSS265HO-44 DVC

Comment

I think there are more than a few people here using them.

The issue was two fold for me... one, the phidgets are cheap and two, they are much smaller to package. The powermates are supernice though. I have not personally used one, but that was the direction I was going to go until I found the phidgets.

If you do a search on Powermates, there are more than a few threads about them.
                    2002 Twin Turbo ZO6
                    2005 Hummer H2

Comment

I just got a powermate the other day, haven't had a chance to install it yet though.

It seems to be constructed of very high quality. It's a heavy little sucker for it's size.

Comment

powermate update

ok... received mine over the christmas holiday..... so far so good... no problems... works great... looks cool... and the blue led brightness depending on volume level is cool... cant wait to get it in the car...
                        69 Mustang
                        Audio:RUX-C701, PXA-H701, MRV-F545, (2) MRD-M1005, SIR-SC-H1, DMHD1000, Dayton Audio: (2) RS180-4, (2) RS28F-4, (2) RSS265HO-44 DVC

Comment

ya the power mate sucks in that way becuase its huge. When I do my molding to the dash My install will be molded in with a custom knob

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

ya the power mate sucks in that way becuase its huge. When I do my molding to the dash My install will be molded in with a custom knob

yeah i picked up a 2003 console..... with cup holders so im gonna try and mold something out of that area just before the cup holder around the switch. we will see...
                            69 Mustang

Comment

I received mine over the last week (I was out of town), and it doesn't work with the software. The Phidget I received is P/N 1052, not 1052a. Any advice on figuring out what is wrong?
                              1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Working...
                              X