Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microphones

Hey All,
    I don't see a lot of discussion on what microphones are good / bad for a carPC. Are people using USB mic's or the traditional 'hook ups'? Are there any particularly good ones / bad ones? Sorry, I searched my share yesterday and just didn't find a lot of info on this.

TIA,
    Per

I found several threads on this by searching on terms: "Best microphone", "Good Microphone" and "Best mic".

Search the Navivoice forum as well as some of the other voice control software forums (Bruno Speech Recognition).
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

most people like the voice cancelling logitecs from what i've seen. Bugbyte had a nice diy on hacking one apart
      PC Components:
      Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
      My work log

Comment

thanks guys...i focused search on this forum vs. the others. found the wealth via a broader search.

Comment

HAM Radio guys generally equiped his Transmitter microphone with Noise gate to eliminate the noise come from the engine or nearby car. It will only pass the sound with higher level than the setting thresshold.
          The threshold is adjustable.

Comment

Working...
          X