touchpad questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• touchpad questions

Has anyone ever used the HTS400 Hidden Surface touchpad from Cirque. The touchpad itself is seperate from the controlling PCB module and it is flexible and easily adapted to contoured surfaces (according to the company's web site) Also, they claim that it can sense through solid materials upto 2 mm thick, ideal to protect it from spilled fluids etc. Please contact me with any comments/suggestions. Thanks!

The HTS400 Hidden Surface touchpad's specs can be found at:
    http://www.cirque.com/products/oem_hts400.htm
    "Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. That is why engineers sometimes smell really badly."

Project Progress: |-----------| 1%
    Planning and saving

There was some discussion about that a little while ago. Maybe you're already aware, but an engineering sample costs $100+. That's a pretty big turnoff for most people for what's otherwise a pretty cool product.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I'm new here and had not heard of the price before. (I didn't have time to thoroughly investigate the manufacturer's site before I had to go to my next class.) I am pretty sure now that I should stick will the cheaper retail versions. Thanks again!
      "Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. That is why engineers sometimes smell really badly."

Project Progress: |-----------| 1%
      Planning and saving

Comment

im probably still going to try it, either that or as i said before try to matrix some touchpads i can rip apart...
        car list
        hacking is an art-form

Comment

Working...
        X