USB Booster Extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Booster Extension

Is it worth it for a 15' run? Any idea how long a run it is from the glove box to the trunk of a Jetta? I read the threads from like 1.5 years ago but I imagine things have changed somewhat since then.
    GA-K8VM800M, Sempron 64 2800+, 512mb DDR400, D-Link USB BT, Linksys .11g NIC, 250gb IDE, BU-353, SIR-ALP1 w/ MJS, DSATX 220w, DWW-700H

Worklog: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65059
    Now with pictures!

altimas a bigger car.... i use a 3 12' extensions and have no issues
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by randomjohn
      Is it worth it for a 15' run? Any idea how long a run it is from the glove box to the trunk of a Jetta? I read the threads from like 1.5 years ago but I imagine things have changed somewhat since then.
      hey there
      I have a vw golf, and I run a 6 footer from my carpc in the trunk to the center console (cup holder). It is a tight squeeze and almost not long enough.

it was a total pain in the neck to get though the center, under the carput right up the "hump". there is a really large chunk of padding stuffed in there and you will HAVE to get that out before you can fish a cable through. thankfully it was a lot easier to get it back in once I had the cable run.
      however. if I was going to do it again, I would use an extender and run it along the rocker panels properly. (the side panels under the doors)
      those rocker panels come off SO easy, and they make running cables a total breeze. they even have cable retainers in there so you can just pop the wire in there and it holds it tight. and that makes getting the panel back on a snap.

I used a 9 foot extention cable for the lilliput lcd panel, and while it was more than enough for length to go around and through the rocker panels, I found connection of the cable at the lcd end was night tight enough, so I chopped off the connectors and soldered the extention cable directly into the lilliputs cable.
      .______
      / '__|__\____ VW CarPC project
      \(o)_____(o)/ Full Spead Ahead!
      Props to my Sponsor, Summit Adventure Systems Mobile Climbing Walls
      www.summitadventuresystems.com

Comment

check out my pics of my install at www.angrymods.com/carpc
        .______
        / '__|__\____ VW CarPC project
        \(o)_____(o)/ Full Spead Ahead!
        Props to my Sponsor, Summit Adventure Systems Mobile Climbing Walls
        www.summitadventuresystems.com

Comment

I would say try it first.... long runs are hit & miss sometimes.... & depends on how your equiptment handles it.... especially if you plan on having a hub at the far end of a longer run.... sometimes good results can be had if the hub is closer to the pc & then extentions run to the front from the hub......

you should only need an extender if you NEED an extender...... best bet is to try it first I think....
          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
          X