USB KVM recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB KVM recommendations?

I've got two PC's in the car - an M10000 and a Mac Mini. For quite awhile, I've been dicking around with trying to use VNC to access the PC from the Mini but it appears that my wireless card in the PC drops offline in adhoc mode and the antenna connector looks like it's the culprit.

So I'm punting on VNC and installing a USB KVM. I found this one by Belkin

that looks like it will fit the bill.

Any suggestions on others or strong advice against this one? I'm kind of ****ed about the VNC so I'm not really looking to spend much money on it and $50 seems about right...
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Belkin are OK, I have one on a setup at home.

What do you use it for? Because you can get ones which do sound, usb ports etc. May be more useful in-car.
    VIA 1Gig,512mb,Wifi,40GB,OPUS,7" TS,7x6.5" monitors,OEM wiring&fusing,Digital TV,3G Internet, Front and Rear Camera,12v DC PS2.

Comment

i use this one in my apartment, to toggle between my two desktops. it says it's compatible with mac mini. it also has a 1/8 connection, probably very useful to your carputer.

http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GCS632U

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817107417

$40 with 3 day shipping after $10 mail-in-rebate.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation! This one looks like it will fit the bill just fine.
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:

Comment

I have the iogear at home as well. Work well with Windows and a Linux box.
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Read those newegg reviews carefully.. seems it has a lot of problems.

Comment

LOL...not saying it applies in this case, but some of those newegg reviews are idiotic.

Comment

Anyone have a suggestion for an 8-port USB KVM?
                Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

8 Port USB KVM

http://www.blackbox.com/Catalog/Deta...d=537&mid=2116

Not cheap, but then again if you need an 8 port you probably expected that. I have used BlackBox brand KVM's for awhile now and they work great. Much better than some costing twice as much. You have to specify that you want the USB cables instead of PS/2.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion-One
                    Read those newegg reviews carefully.. seems it has a lot of problems.
                    I did read the reviews and the problems they were having didn't seem to apply to me, so I ordered one. It arrived with a DOA keyboard port in it. I've RMA'd it and am awaiting the replacement.

Not a very promising beginning.
                    Want to:

Comment

Working...
                    X