touch screen power cables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• touch screen power cables

just bought a lilli put indash 7" Touch Screen jobbie and the power connector is totaly different than my Alpine head unit, i will post a pic of the wire(s) supplyed let me know what you guys think, the last pic is of the power connector i have now

Different unit, different power connector. This shouldn't be surprising at all.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

that doesnt really help my problem thou

Comment

Be happy thats all the lashing you got...

I guess maybe I have no idea what you are asking... seems cut and dry... you have to wire the harness into your car that came with the screen... if you cut into your factory wires to put that alpine in there, then well you obviously didn't listen to the people at the store when they told you it was a bad idea and that you should spend the 10 bucks to get a harness off the shelf. If you can't figure out how to wire in a harness then perhaps your not cut out to be wiring a computer into your car, if I missed your question, then disregaurd this.

Comment

dont worry i will be disregarding that comment

Comment

Could you post better pics of your unit?

It seems that the back of yours is different than mine.

Please more pics of the unit.

Thank you
            New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
            Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
            Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

Originally posted by stuartpug206
              that doesnt really help my problem thou
              You never even stated your problem. You simply stated that the harness plug from your old unit is different from the harness plug from your new unit.
              That's not a problem. That's just different manufacturers using different harness connectors.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

sorry for my breif question, I am a MCSE student and i also work as a IT technician but to be honesnt, car electrics.. i try to stay clear off. I have had a play and connected the touch screen up but i encountered a hopefully small problem, I connected my front component door speakers which ran off the Speaker out 45W x 4 audio out and I could control the volume by the volume knob and the remote control, However when I attached my external amplifier that runs the rest of my in-car speakers to the RCA Right Out and Left Out I could no longer control the volume it was constantly loud. I have also tried the system in another car of similar setup and it was the same. Is the touch screen unit Faulty or am i doing something wrong. Thanks

Comment

Ps coucouillu http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lilliput-7-mot...QQcmdZViewItem - this is the model i bought it appears to be different to yours.

Comment

Originally posted by stuartpug206
                    Ps coucouillu http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lilliput-7-mot...QQcmdZViewItem - this is the model i bought it appears to be different to yours.
                    You should not see my avatar because I am not talking of the unit in my avatar ( which is my prototype ).

I have two Lilliput in dash screen like yours but they are broken (they are from the first brand (the one with plenty of issues).

But I noticed that the back of your unit is different than mine.

That's why i ask you some backside pictures.
                    New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
                    Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
                    Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

i payed 230 for this have i been sold a duff do you think?

Comment

Working...
                      X