Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: Phidget Encoder

Hi all,

I just purchased the PhidgetSensor Encoder - New Format (1052a) and tried using this program: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/mbk5/encoder.rar but it doesn't appear to work for me. I know my encoder is working because when i use the encoder examples provided @ phidgets.com, the slider moves and my encoder is recognized.

Yes, i know about mbkowns' post about his program (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=633586) and i also know that others are having the same problem that I am with this software not working for them.

I am a newbie when it comes to programming and was hoping that someone out there has written another code for this or can share their source with me so i can fiddle around with it.

does anyone have ideas or programs that they could share with me? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all.

bump
    98 V6 Camry XLE
    Status-Everything is working again!
    No progress while I am in NYC
    Ze Worklog

Comment

Why not use Girder to control your Phidgets? I do.
      Tor - The MediaSUV

Comment

thanks for the response, im downloading girder now, but im pretty clueless on what to do with it. I searched around and someone said that it could be done using somehting like lua, but i have no idea what lua is. any help is much appreciated, cheers
        Anshu
        98 V6 Camry XLE
        Status-Everything is working again!
        No progress while I am in NYC
        Ze Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by Anshu View Post
          thanks for the response, im downloading girder now, but im pretty clueless on what to do with it. I searched around and someone said that it could be done using somehting like lua, but i have no idea what lua is. any help is much appreciated, cheers
          Anshu
          The best thing to help you with figuring Girder out is the official guide -- Click Here.

LUA is a plugin for Girder, available for download from this list.

Have fun!
          For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
          Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
          Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

Sorry, I may have mislead you. I use another Phidget than the one you've got (I have a 16/16 pure digital). But still it should be possible to run it from Girder. There's a lot of people doing stuff like that on the Promixis forum, so I suggest you become a member there and ask. They're very helpful.
            Tor - The MediaSUV

Comment

Working...
            X