SP-716: AM/FM radio?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP-716: AM/FM radio?

I couldn't find anything on it in my manual, but if you look on the front LCD pannel there is an AM/FM light. Is there a way to get radio thru this touchscreen? I can't imagine there would be since the only antenna input I see is for a TV Tuner antenna. Are they one and the same, except just poorly labled by the manufacturer in hongkong?
    My CarPC Hardware:

Morex 3688 ITX Case
    SP-716 Touchscreen
    M2-ATX Powersupply
    VIA EPIA SP13000 Mobo
    2.5" 80 Gig HDD
    Slim DVD-ROM/CD-RW
    Wireless G USB Adapter

Software:

- Windows XP PRO SP2
    - Mobile Impact FrontEnd

I would assume that the FM is a for future upgrade/model. I just got my screen the other day. AM lights up in conjunction with the clock and then goes to FM when the time comes.

Derek
    Progress [||-------]
    View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
    Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

Comment

Originally posted by CarPC Noob
      I couldn't find anything on it in my manual, but if you look on the front LCD pannel there is an AM/FM light. Is there a way to get radio thru this touchscreen? I can't imagine there would be since the only antenna input I see is for a TV Tuner antenna. Are they one and the same, except just poorly labled by the manufacturer in hongkong?
      check this out
      http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...429d51ea9cf706

Comment

thanks for the link.
        i'll pass on it for now. not worth it to me IMO.
        My CarPC Hardware:

Morex 3688 ITX Case
        SP-716 Touchscreen
        M2-ATX Powersupply
        VIA EPIA SP13000 Mobo
        2.5" 80 Gig HDD
        Slim DVD-ROM/CD-RW
        Wireless G USB Adapter

Software:

- Windows XP PRO SP2
        - Mobile Impact FrontEnd

Comment

Originally posted by 3D Warrior
          Kinda off topic but okay...

Back on topic, I'm inpressed with the screen. The only things that I do not like is the fact that there in no AUDIO input (even for the RCAs) and there is no SVIDEO input so that means I won't
          be able to easily hook up an Xbox or PS2 in the car to this screen. Video would be okay but sound would have to be routed through the PC or amps. I'm also thinking about disconnecting the lights and display on the lower portion of the screen. Some buttons are brighter than others because of the placement of the LEDs I assume and the LED display has to be looked at straight on to see the time. Else it will appear as 88:88. Screen, touch capability and its motorized ability are on point, IMO.

Derek
          Progress [||-------]
          View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
          Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

Comment

Working...
          X