I have made an interface car's media-buttons on steering wheel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have made an interface car's media-buttons on steering wheel

I have just made me an USB-interface to the cars original media-buttons on the steering wheel.

This is a generic A/D interface that can read *two* analog channels, and send unique codes for different resistance.

Most cars, and many aftermarket "remotes" for car stereo's (Pioneer/Sony+++) will work with this device, as well as my Xantia.
    It even supports two-channels (some cars need that)

Besides interfacing steering wheel, it will also send codes for "Ignition on" , "Ignition Off" , "battery below (preset) threshold" , and "battery voltage retured to ok"

So, who is interested in buying such device?.. if I would start to produce and sell them. ?

(This device connects to the wires that normally connect to the stereo - resistive input)

Regards
    Madhacker.org

A few months ago I would have purchased one of these off you in a flash, but I have been playing around with the Phidget 8/8/8 interface kit, and it does all your interface does and more. The phidget is a little more pricey, but has the added bonus of various source code examples and a library for coding your own apps for it.

If you could add all the features of the phidget for a cheaper price, I'm sure you would have a very popular product.
    Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

How many steering wheel buttons can your device handle

Comment

Originally posted by Kalt
        How many steering wheel buttons can your device handle
        about 31+31 , (two channels), it also depends on the values and the resistors.

Comment

AlCapone, is there any way you could send me the pinout of the citroen resistor system ? i have been trying to do this for a while now but no-one can tell me which pins are the actual resistors in the little iso plug.
          Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Nice, i'm interested. Can i replace the ignition wire with the dimmer wire so my computer knows when my headlights are on?

Comment

Would it be possible to implement more lines that send code when voltage is recieve like the ignition line?

Comment

Originally posted by _dopehead_
                AlCapone, is there any way you could send me the pinout of the citroen resistor system ? i have been trying to do this for a while now but no-one can tell me which pins are the actual resistors in the little iso plug.
                Yes.
                I will make pictures and place them on my site with the product.

Comment

Nice, i'm interested. Can i replace the ignition wire with the dimmer wire so my computer knows when my headlights are on?
                  Sure, that's possible, I can also add an extra input for "custom" functions like this.

Comment

Awesome, i think other members would also be interested in a device like this. Would you consider developing a plugin for girder 3.3

Comment

Thanks, much appreciated. is your site the madhacker one ?
                      Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Awesome, i think other members would also be interested in a device like this. Would you consider developing a plugin for girder 3.3
                        Bonus: it alredy works in Girder 3.3 , and 4 ... whithout a driver ! - it is a HID device .... no buggy drivers necesary !
                        will explain more on mu site.

Comment

Originally posted by _dopehead_
                          Thanks, much appreciated. is your site the madhacker one ?
                          Yes, madhacker.org is me.

Comment

This device is gonna free up couple of my usb and serial ports, i cant wait to get my hands on it. Keep us up to date with you progress.

Comment

This device is gonna free up couple of my usb and serial ports, i cant wait to get my hands on it. Keep us up to date with you progress.
                              I will, I will make a webpage about it with all details and option to buy it
                              (ETA: next week.)

Comment

Working...
                              X