Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i wire up Grahill 60A encoder

Just got the Grahill 60a,

It has a flying tail with 8 wires one of them black.
    anyone know how i can wire this up?

i have a minikey usb and an optical mouse with 6 buttons i can butcher

Does it simply switch or supply a variation of resitances?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
    Tweeked Purple Nissan 200SX

Originally posted by turbosx
    Just got the Grahill 60a,

It has a flying tail with 8 wires one of them black.
    anyone know how i can wire this up?

i have a minikey usb and an optical mouse with 6 buttons i can butcher

Does it simply switch or supply a variation of resitances?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
    It's not that easy. Here's the datasheet of it. I doubt you'll find any keyboard / mouse that'll be able to handle its signals.

But if you're looking for something that's ready to go, have a peek at the ccStick iD, which is built upon the 60A:
    http://zhorvat.dyndns.org/PCForums/S...px?PostID=3031
    And for even more info:
    http://zhorvat.dyndns.org/PCForums/S...spx?ForumID=72
    Skinning to go... VisualDesigner2!

Comment

WOW the CC stick is nice,wish i had seen it before i got the Grayhill.

Have many been sold ?the thread looks dead

I may be intrested in the PCB board only

Comment

WOW the CC stick is nice,wish i had seen it before i got the Grayhill.

Have many been sold ?the thread looks dead

I may be intrested in the PCB board only
        Well, there's not much going on in the thread because it's just hardware. You plug it in and it works. There's another thread about the software (MWI).

You can order the PCB only if you like. The package / pricelist is yet another thread in the forum.

Comment

Zorro,

I would like the PCB and kit minus the encoder please.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks

Comment

Zorro,

I would like the PCB and kit minus the encoder please.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks
            Glad to hear.
            The kit comes with the PCB included but I guess you'd like a MWI Gold license as well (since the ccStick isn't supported in the free version).

To order, please send a mail to: order at ccStick dot com

Comment

yes,please include the licence,

Doe's the ID model have the smaller pcb, and are the buttons extra's?.

I would also like the silver knob

thanks

Comment

Zorro i have started a thread on the cc stick site ,

thanks

Comment

Nice new ccStick site Zorro! I'm just about ready to buy one and start playing with it but I'm not exactly sure how the software is working. I watched the demos on your site and it looks like when you turn the knob it pops up the menu and then you have to scroll through things. Is there any way to have the center click be mode (like most car stereos now) where it cycles through menu options. Then have the directional joystick assigned to other things. As you click the mode button (it could be a separate button) it would cycle through control options.

Ex.
                  Mode 1 - Audio Playback
                  Turn knob left/rt - volume down/up
                  joystick up - play/pause
                  joy down - stop
                  joy left - previous
                  joy right - next

Mode 2 - Navigation
                  knob left/rt - navigation zoom out/in
                  joy up, down, left, right - up, down, left and right on map

Mode 3 - Menu Navigation
                  knob left/rt - previous/next item in menu
                  joy left/rt - previous/next page in menu
                  joy up/down - setting on/off

This way, depending on whatever mode you were in I wouldn't have to look at the screen to see what was going on? I'd like to be able to hit left and right to change songs and then turn the knob for volume. Does the software do this and am just missing it because I don't have it to play around with?

Thanks
                  Nick - 08 GG Element
                  Custom 3D-CAD Design, Reverse Engineering and Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by ik632 View Post
                    Nice new ccStick site Zorro! I'm just about ready to buy one and start playing with it but I'm not exactly sure how the software is working. I watched the demos on your site and it looks like when you turn the knob it pops up the menu and then you have to scroll through things. Is there any way to have the center click be mode (like most car stereos now) where it cycles through menu options. Then have the directional joystick assigned to other things. As you click the mode button (it could be a separate button) it would cycle through control options.

Ex.
                    Mode 1 - Audio Playback
                    Turn knob left/rt - volume down/up
                    joystick up - play/pause
                    joy down - stop
                    joy left - previous
                    joy right - next

Mode 2 - Navigation
                    knob left/rt - navigation zoom out/in
                    joy up, down, left, right - up, down, left and right on map

Mode 3 - Menu Navigation
                    knob left/rt - previous/next item in menu
                    joy left/rt - previous/next page in menu
                    joy up/down - setting on/off

This way, depending on whatever mode you were in I wouldn't have to look at the screen to see what was going on? I'd like to be able to hit left and right to change songs and then turn the knob for volume. Does the software do this and am just missing it because I don't have it to play around with?

Thanks
                    You can download the standard version (MWIPro) and try it out with the mouse wheel or PowerMate.

As for the modes: There's one default mode (this is when the MWI software is idle) where you can do the menu with the wheel.
                    With the ccStick you can assign mode keys for alternate wheel control, volume, mouse mode, text input.
                    The joystick has no modes but it turned out if you do this config:
                    joy left/right - cursor left / right
                    joy up/down - tab/backtab
                    You can control almost everything.

I'd suggest you play around a bit with a wheel mouse then you easily can imagine what it's like to use it with a ccStick.

Comment

I have my doubts about this, I seriously can't see Zorro doing his all his own stunts.

I must admit it does look pretty interesting and useful.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a go and report back with my results.
                        Nick - 08 GG Element

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyM View Post
                          I have my doubts about this, I seriously can't see Zorro doing his all his own stunts.

I must admit it does look pretty interesting and useful.
                          You're right. The electronics (PCB's) are done by Jens and for the other hardware such as knobs and stuff I have a local turning shop. I just did the technical drawings and the software of course (it's good to be trained in something useful ).
                          The (very promissing) AB encoder is manufactured by a company here in Germany. We found it by accident. They build them in small amounts (hence they're not cheap).

Since Jens came up with the idea of adopting the Audi joystick for the CarPC I was eager to have something that will push handling the CarPC over the limit. When we got the ccStick iD I'm very satisfied with what we've done so far
                          The optinons you have with the ccStick compared to the Audi MMI are at least equal if not better.

I use the ccStick iD in my car to control Centrafuse and it rocks!

Comment

How does that ccStick MMI work, I see that it's got two encoders. Are they both standard rotary encoders with center push or is the fancy audi one a multi directional joystick as well?

The AB does look pretty darned nice. Is that a little joystick on top of the knob or does the whole thing tilt like the ccStick iD? You mention haptics, does the ccStick AB have some kind of force feedback? And, how, not cheap do you think they will be?
                            Nick - 08 GG Element

Comment

Originally posted by ik632 View Post
                              How does that ccStick MMI work, I see that it's got two encoders. Are they both standard rotary encoders with center push or is the fancy audi one a multi directional joystick as well?

The AB does look pretty darned nice. Is that a little joystick on top of the knob or does the whole thing tilt like the ccStick iD? You mention haptics, does the ccStick AB have some kind of force feedback? And, how, not cheap do you think they will be?
                              The MMI was taken out from a eBayed Audi console. Yes, both encoders are rotary and can be clicked (there's just no way to buy them standalone yet).
                              The Audi is an simple rotary encoder, no joystick function at all but you could add one as you still have the option of 8 additional buttons.

The nipple on top of the AB, that's a little joystick and it operates on Hall sensors, not on switches. So the handling is very smooth and the encoder stays always in place and does not tilt.
                              The AB is illuminated red (the ring around the joystick) but it has no force feedback (as in: it's motorized).
                              The price for one piece (the encoder only not including the interface!) is about 140 € (180 USD) without a carrier.

Comment

Working...
                              X