Remote Control for any 12V accessory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Control for any 12V accessory

I found this the other day and instantly thought of many neat things it could control.

http://www.directron.com/rm01.html

"Wireless Remote Control to Switch ON and OFF for Any DC12 Volt Devices, Model: RM01. Part Number: ADP-RM01 $14.99"
    2002 Honda Civic
    Project Status 98%
    *everything is working great, just need to button up some wires and paint the sub box.

seen it before :T

im pretty sure most people have

Comment

Interesting. I've never seen this, but I can't really think of anything cool to do with it. Start computer remotely? The 30 sec boot time doesn't bother me enough for that to be an issue. I like it though.
      What I've been listening to
      What I've been driving

Comment

I had one in my old truck that let you remotely control the healights and such. Very cool .
        1985 Camaro Berlinetta, black with t-tops
        500 MHZ dell CP Series
        MP3 and ALDL data monitoring/wireless internet
        kenwood 600 watt amp, powering pioneer 3 way speakers

Comment

How come I have seen like a million of these: recently?
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Taking co workers out to lunch? Tap that on your way out the door and your system will be booted by the time you get to your car...

Thanks for the link! I could have used it 2 years ago before I spent a hundred smackers on the car starter (canabilized the trunk popper), but thanks nonetheless.
            http://www.jeepmp3.com/
            CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
            Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

I use Remote desktop alot between my home PCs and the CarPC. I could really use something like this. I can turn on the carPC from inside the house, connect and do my thing. Another press of the button and I can keep "renewing" the Opus' 20min shutdown timer if I need more time.

I didn't see any mention of wireless range listed in the description. Can you guys that have seen other modules like this please post the links? I'd like to get one of these for at least the mean time while I choose and install a full-out alarm system with aux. outputs.
              My Install Thread
              digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
              How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi..._CONTROL_.html

Thought I saw this somewhere. It is in the summer catalog.
                ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
                Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(")

Comment

Extra fuel cutoff perhaps
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by PatO
                    Taking co workers out to lunch? Tap that on your way out the door and your system will be booted by the time you get to your car...
                    what happens when you get out of your car, and a button on the remote is pressed while its in your pocket?

then the carputer is on while its parked, u get back, dead battery

imo, not such a good idea :T

Comment

what happens when you get out of your car, and a button on the remote is pressed while its in your pocket?

then the carputer is on while its parked, u get back, dead battery
                      Not sure about you, but I believe the general consensus around here is that ppl have DC-DC power supplies or inverters that will auto cut-out when the battery starts getting low, preventing this from ever happening.

I think leaving headlights on would be more of a concern....
                      www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Easiest way, is just remote start it. The car starts, so does the PC. Whe I see my car, I push the remote three times, the headlights flash, and it starts up. Whe I get in the car, music is playing.

It won't go off by accident too easily because it is 3 pushes within a short time, so the possibility is reduced. Even if it does, it just wastes a little gas for 10minutes then shuts off. The PC is only on when the car is charging the battery.

My remote start only cost me like $50 including shipping.

Seems the more logcal way to go seeing as how you get many more options for a little more money, and you don't have this keychain dongle that only does 1 thing.
                        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by SnyperBob
                          Not sure about you, but I believe the general consensus around here is that ppl have DC-DC power supplies or inverters that will auto cut-out when the battery starts getting low, preventing this from ever happening.

I think leaving headlights on would be more of a concern....

well, depends how its all hooked up, and what exactly is hooked up i suppose

but your probably right :T

personally, i'd set it to the horn on my car so i dont have to remember where my car is, but not have to actually set the alarm off

Comment

Pilot has a four channel wireless remote,each channel is programmable on/off switched or momentary on/off......

cost was around 25 bucks,was purchased at an Autozone,and could handle 15 amps per output,WITH seperate inputs per output, so you could have an output on ignition only... you could also easily add relays to boost power...

used it an undercover install, officer didnt want ANY buttons, ANYWHERE..so I installed it, and the buttons were on his keychain remote..used one button for siren,one button for airhorn, one button for lights, and had one button left over....

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PILPLSW29

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ghlight=remote
                              .______
                              | '_ |__\___
                              [(o)|___(o)] XB
                              ._________
                              | I__I I_I|_\__I
                              [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment