No announcement yet.

Lets see those rearview camera mounts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see those rearview camera mounts.

I want to install a rearview camera and not really sure where to mount it. All the cameras I see are really large. I would like to see a few of your mounts to get some ideas.
    2003 E46 BMW
    Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
    ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
    Everything is for sale.

here are mine

Comment

Wash your car! ...and camera! :P

Comment

At first, I tried installing mine in the trailer receiver, but with it pointed parrallel to the ground, I didn't have any good way to judge distance. I then moved it to the top of the tailgate, pointed down. Now I have a better perspective.

Good Luck.
        Attached Files
        '03 Escape 4WD:
        -iTox mini-itx mobo, Core 2 Duo Mobile 1.66Ghz; 2GB, 80GB 2.5" HD, DS-ATX
        -Transflective 8.4"
        -XM, iG4, OBD-II (BR-3)
        -Rearview camera with auto-switching (modified cheesbox)
        -Slim Slot DVD+RW
        -RR, DFX 4

Comment

man those camera's are big..... Are they all that big?
          2003 E46 BMW
          Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
          ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
          Everything is for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by polo6979 View Post
            man those camera's are big..... Are they all that big?
            You may find holepin cameras (some of them are smaller than 1cm). The difference is about the IR illuminators... the infrared leds (night cams) would take space, if you put just one diode it wouldn't light anything in the night, then more are needed = bigger camer case. If you want a small (and working) solution, go for a normal cam (no infrared illumination) and "hope" that you rear gear light is enough to be caught by the cam (it is not a human eyes, a camera is less effective in thed darker), go for a 0lux (about 0.2-0.3 effective) cam if you'll find one for a good price.

Comment

2011 Nissan Frontier SL
              AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
              OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

I've got this one ( Pioneer Universal Rearview Camera NDBC1 ) mounted just above my license plate on my Mercedes Benz GL450. You can hardly see it. Best part is that it comes on automatically when you put the car in reverse. It's wired to the reverse lights which is all the light you need. Looks fantastic at night. It appears to be smaller than these other units posted.

http://www.abtelectronics.com/product/19180.html

Comment

the pioneer is over $200..

personally, i'd just buy a cheap webcam and mod it myself, lol, but thats me

Comment

Here's the one I installed in my car. Very small. You can't even see it unless you're looking for it.

Link

Comment

Here is mine: (click on pictures to enlarge)

risk more than others think is safe dream more than others think is practical
                      care more than others think is wise expect more than others think is possible

Comment

This is my one. It is small and gives a good image. It is OK at night but needs some kind of light source. The taillights are usually enough. It came already installed in the car as part of system that includes sat nav, dvd, mp3, etc, so I don't know much about it. I just thought it would give an example of a more stealthy install. It's tucked out of the way, you can't see it unless you kneel down a bit, and it gets a good range of view, though it is a tiny bit fisheyed but still effective.

Damian.

Comment

Mine

Camera Mount

Picture

Jman

Comment

Anybody have some pics of a magnetic mount or something that doesn't require drilling a hole into your car?
                            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Here's mine! Notice the missing Honda Emblem???
                              Attached Files

PROGRESS 95%[//////////]Complete - Software configurations
                              Current Task: Just adding on...
                              Needed:wireless keyboard/mouse
                              My Carputer Blog
                              Car System Site

Comment

Working...
                              X