Freedom Mini Bluetooth Keyboard Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom Mini Bluetooth Keyboard Problems

Is it just my bad luck or are the bluetooth Freedom Mini Keyboards pieces of garbage? I ordered one off Amazon, sent through J&R Music World and it arrived DOA. Put batteries in, turn on, nothing happens.

Okay, it happens. I RMA it and the new one arrives today. Obviously a returned product. DOA.

Is it user error? The instruction manual is pretty lame, no troubleshooting for "power on, no response". Or are these keyboards crap?

Anyone else have problems with them?
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Edit: never mind. I'm stupid. Chalk this one up to user incompetence and idiot directions. You have to hold down the link button for a loooooong time to get any action from the keyboard at all.

It's working now. I'm typing this from the keyboard now. Slow going, but I only need the keyboard on rare occasions.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Good to hear you got it working.

It took me awhile to get it up and running also.
      2001 Acura CL traded for a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT
      7" Lilliput Touchscreen
      NANO-ITX+m1-atx
      512 DDRsodimm
      60g SATA Laptop HD
      4x Apple DVDslot
      digimoto OBDii
      mS GPS
      mini BT keyboard
      relocated HU faceplate

Comment

Lol, Bug, I actually did the same thing... I was pretty ****ed... because you have to have it actually paired to something to get the backlight working too. and I was about to RMA it also but I was just playing with it and found out what you did...

Comment

Can you please tell me what you did to get it paired?

I turn on the ^%^% keyboard, hit the connection button till the blue light blinks, then I let the PC find the keyboard..

Then I pair it.. and as soon as the pairing code pops op on the screen, the blue light stops and thats it! The keyboard turned itself off!!

I've tried bluesoleil and widcomm drivers.
          Can you guys please tell me what you did to get the thing to work?

Comment

did you guys read the review written here?
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...+mini+keyboard

I'm sure the OP of the review can help with the pairing issue.

Comment

I've read all the topics here about the mini keyboard... but there is no solution anywhere.
              It works for some and not for others..or so it seems

Comment

Working...
              X