Stock head unit used as inputs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock head unit used as inputs.

I've been thinking of gutting my factory HU and using it's panel as inputs for the CarPC for a more stock look. Has anyone done this before ?

It'll need plenty of custom work, but I'm sure it can be done. I also have a Dell keyboard with multimedia controls that I can gut for parts too, if anyone has any ideas.

The factory head unit.

The Dell keyboard. Notice the media controls in the top right.

Why don't you want to leave your headunit ?
    Car pc integration with ease
    Car mediacenter

Comment

You mean leave it with my CarPC, or just leave it stock completely?

My HU doesn't play MP3s, and that's a feature I've really missed. (I've had this car for a month). Mazda offers an MP3 HU, but it's around $500. I can just pay a bit more and stick a new car PC in it. (The old one was sold with my old car)

I like the look of the HU, and want to keep it in there, but still be functional. The screen would be put at the top of dash where the map pocket is, so the HU would just sit there.

Hehe, don't let my post count fool you. I've been around for years, and a built a couple of carputers, but I don't usually have anything useful to contribute, and 'Search' answers most my questions.

Comment

I will be building Mazda adapter in upcoming month so see how Guino did it and you may change your mind. Good luck.
        Car pc integration with ease
        Car mediacenter

Comment

An adapter for what?

Comment

Working...
          X