SpaceNavigator huge price drop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpaceNavigator huge price drop

3Dconnexion makes a spiffy 3D USB input knob that looks like the Griffin i-Mate, but does much more. It has 6 degrees of motion: twist L/R, roll (tilt) L/R, roll (tilt) F/B, push L/R, push F/B, push U/D. Previously $250, the new version has been lowered to $59. Yowza!

It could be used like an i-drive knob for your CarPC front ends. For example, twist for volume control, tilt to navigate menus and lists, push L/R for switching functions, etc. It also has two programmable buttons.

Windoze only at this point. Linux support seems likely based on previous products, but no indication of Mac OS suport.

SpaceNavigator Link

Neat stuff, i'm wondering how big it is compared to powermate?

Comment

all their products look really good but can they be used as a mouse replacement?

Comment

It looks like the same size as a powermate but if you watch a couple of videos on the 3Dconnexion site you can see it's definitely bigger. For $60, if you can set it up to navigate in "our" apps I think it would be worth it.
        Aura MR62 (F and R)
        My Current MP3s
        IamDefiler.com

Comment

I would much rather install one of these than a simple touchpad, this is 100x better.

Could that be mated with Girder to control Winamp inside of the front end now? Or would this kind of functionality have to be built into roadrunner or the front end itself?
          2001 SS Camaro carputer | My solar dish project/

Comment

was just about to post a thread on this. These devices are far better quality and stability than the crappy powermates, and now with the price drop it will make the perfect controller in the car. The biggest issue will be getting it to work with front-ends. They should have an sdk avail for it.
            01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
            01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
            mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

I posted on the forum and they do have an SDK available for developing.

Comment

cool... someone please get this rolling... can you make each function send keys? that might be enough for some frontends...
                Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Anyone know the size of this thing? Why does it have to be so freaking big!!

This may be a problem for some:
                  3. Do not operate your product when the temperature is outside the specified operation range of 0C (32F) to 40C (104F)

Comment

they make a friggin AWSOME smaller one too, with 8 illuminated buttons around the edge.... PERFECT.... except the price of $200... check this out...

I think I can deal with the larger one... I don't think this will work directly with girder though... it seems pretty involved.. it uses optical sensors... the first signs that this can be used & I'm ordering one
                    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

waiting for mine to arrive
                      Current:
                      [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
                      [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

I may order one. If I can't use it for the car, I could always use it at work.

Comment

the guys hand in that video is freakin creepy, lol.

and the device is not that big.
                          01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                          01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                          mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

lol! it's like he purpously hides a couple of fingers every now and then to look like igor's compainion hand or something

ps, mine was dispatched yesterday (email said.. but sunday?)

in any case, I should get it very soon
                            Current:
                            [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
                            [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

Working...
                            X