USB hub not sufficient?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB hub not sufficient?

I bought a notebook fan cooler with built in usb hub. the cooler uses 1 usb port to transfer data and can also use this port to power the fan. now the cooler also has a 5v dc plug which i hooked up to my p5v on the carnetix p1900. it powers up and everything but it seems as it cant handle my lilliput TS. if i have the lilliput plugged into the hub it doesnt work... i can do calibration but wont be able to use the TS in wondows or RR. I tried it directly to my usb port and it worked perfectly!

problem is i only have 1 usb port, ps/2 port and 1 serial port. the ps/2 and serial will be taken up by my Globalsat br355 gps module.

i was wondering why the TS doesnt work even though the hub is getting power independently from another source? If i buy an actual USB hub like a 7 port that takes a 5v dc will i experience the same problems?

How is something like this? http://cgi.ebay.com/PCMCIA-CARDBUS-4...QQcmdZViewItem

I have found that my touch screen does not like to be on anything other directly plugged to my motherboard... I cant explain why at all.. but since none of my other USB devices care... they are on a powered hub
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Have you tried to uninstall the driver, plug to USB hub and installing driver again?
      I have 1 USB port on my m/b, so i bought 5 USB 2.0 PCI card, works fine, u can pick those from ebay for 3-4

Comment

I think I have the same problem I got a lilli 629 conected to a usb hub I can install the drivers and do the calibration good but, but the screen won't work I supouse the screen want to be alone :P but why???? and I think I have the same problem with the griffin power mate.
        One of the best way to learn is making mistakes, But much better when you learn from someone else mistakes

Comment

i have my screen, a dvd burner, a mouse and a keybored all on a self power 4 port usb hub, and they all work fine. /shrug
          VW .:R32

VW GTI 20th AE BMP

Comment

Try reinstalling the driver with it plugged into the hub. Often the PC expects the device to be in the original configuration and gets confused if it's on a hub or something. Computers with multiple usb headers sometimes do this if you plug the device into a different set of headers. Plug n play my a$$ ;-)

Comment

I think the screen may be USB2.0 and it is definately a possibility that your computer only supports 1.0....Just something to consider.

Comment

the difference between USB 1 an 2 is only speed.. ALL usb 2 devices work on usb 1.1 ports... its part of the design of the protocol
                Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

ive given up on that notebook cooler. i will be selling it soon since i bought a new system and ditched the laptop. instead i bought a 7port independently powered usb hub. hopefully this one wont give me any issues.

btw, my laptop only had 1 usb port so it wasnt that i plugged it into a different port or anything like that. didnt get to see your responses until after i received the new usb hub.

Thanks for trying to help though

Comment

Working...
                  X