No announcement yet.

Program to control key/mouse strokes

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program to control key/mouse strokes

I've been looking for a program that would enable me to control Centrafuse with an old mouse I have. The problem with CF is that the hot keys cannot accept mouse strokes. I searched for a program that would let me do this and I found something that is far better than anything I expected.

It is called AutoHotkey and it is a free program, and extremely customizable. If you look at the code that I have for my mouse you can see how well it works for me.

WheelUp:: SoundSet +10, WAVE   ;this moves my Wave volume up 10%
    WheelDown:: SoundSet -10, WAVE  ;this moves my Wave volume down 10%
    MButton:: SoundSet +1,,mute   ;this toggles mute on/off
    RButton & WheelUp:: Send {F6}  ;this will go to the previous song
    RButton & WheelDown:: Send {F7}  ;likewise this goes to the next song
    RButton & LButton:: Send {F5}  ;this will toggle play/pause
    The solution to my CF problem not accepting mouse buttons for hot keys lies in the "Send {F5}" code. This pretty much makes the computer think the F5 key was pushed and then in CF I have F5 set as the play hot key.

If you are interested in this program you can download it from the link below. I hope to have my mouse and external dvd installed below the monitor in 3 weeks so I will have pictures up of my setup.

This thing was exactly what I was looking for. The auto script is sweet. A dummy can do it cause I did. Hit the record button do what you want the hot key to do, then compile the script. I used it to map the hotkeys on my Cirque Pro touchpad to go up and down the frodoxm channels.
    Car-mada-puter Epia MII12000, 40gig HD, 512mb ram, Morex 3688 case, M1-atx and XP Pro.

Heya! Cheers for this useful program! I have been wondering all along how to control my PC with keyboard and mouse in the car, now I got the answer
      CarPC progress:
      Planning: ******** | 100%
      Hardware: *******- | 90%
      Software: ********-- | 70%
      Install: ********- | 90% (Its never really completed!)

cool, thanks
        MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc liquid cooled LVDS screen :D