Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slim wireless keyboard w/mouse or touchpad...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slim wireless keyboard w/mouse or touchpad...

Hey all,

Can someone recommend a slim keyboard with a built in touchpad or mouse that I can use with the carputer? I'd like to keep it wireless (either USB or preferably Bluetooth), but will go with USB cable if I have no other choice... any other suggestions are welcome as well!!

Thanks!

I've used this for over a year now,,, they usually go below $40 and its excellent. But I've gotten pretty good with the touch screen so I rarely use it now.
    http://ione-usa.com/index.php?page=s...pshop&Itemid=1
    08 Lincoln Navigator www.mobiteklink.com

Comment

Originally posted by MobiTekLink View Post
      I've used this for over a year now,,, they usually go below $40 and its excellent. But I've gotten pretty good with the touch screen so I rarely use it now.
      http://ione-usa.com/index.php?page=s...pshop&Itemid=1
      That's a pretty neat little keyboard. I've never seen it before.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Yeah, most people havent' but it does the job really well, I cant say that I have too many complaints about it. Shortcuts would be an obvious one, but I dont use the shortcuts on keyboards anyway.
        If you rather use a rechargeable craddle, I suggest this one
        http://reviews.cnet.com/Belkin_Media...-31263679.html
        The mouse is not as nice as the iOne's but it does the job after u get used to it. The only thing is that you have to have somewhere to put the craddle 'cos its rather big and clunky. Nothing that some velcro can't solve though.
        It also has some regular a/v support.

Comment

Neat little keyboard, but damn... so expensive

Comment

Anyone has any other suggestions?

Comment

I got a mini rf wireless gyration mouse/keyboard combo for really cheap off of w00t.com

Works great. It takes 4 AAA batteries, and I have only had to "learn/teach" the combo once when I first bought it. I have had to replace the batteries 2 times so far and it has been over 1.5 yrs.

I could not be happier. And for $15 for them both, I am a happy camper. Only problem is that keyboard has 2 enter keys! The shift button has a spare enter key on it, but maybe that is why it was soooooo cheap! :lol3:

And if you look on woot or maybe a wootoff you can get a basket of keyboards for under $20 shipped. I have like 10 of them leftover from the last deal! Some wireless, some wired USB, some wired PS2.

But yeah, any 'ol keyboard will work.

I don't see why people ask what kind of keyboard to use. If it is small that's a bonus.
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                I got a mini rf wireless gyration mouse/keyboard combo for really cheap off of w00t.com

Works great. It takes 4 AAA batteries, and I have only had to "learn/teach" the combo once when I first bought it. I have had to replace the batteries 2 times so far and it has been over 1.5 yrs.

I could not be happier. And for $15 for them both, I am a happy camper. Only problem is that keyboard has 2 enter keys! The shift button has a spare enter key on it, but maybe that is why it was soooooo cheap! :lol3:

And if you look on woot or maybe a wootoff you can get a basket of keyboards for under $20 shipped. I have like 10 of them leftover from the last deal! Some wireless, some wired USB, some wired PS2.

But yeah, any 'ol keyboard will work.

I don't see why people ask what kind of keyboard to use. If it is small that's a bonus.
                haha i remember that from one of the woots a few weeks ago... i didnt buy it because i was like...wth am i gonna do with 10 keyboards...
                I wish i knew how to do fiberglass work...

Comment

Originally posted by theheel View Post
                  haha i remember that from one of the woots a few weeks ago... i didnt buy it because i was like...wth am i gonna do with 10 keyboards...
                  What can't you do with 30 keyboards!!!!

Comment

type on them all at once

Comment

I bought this one at microcenter. Its kinda expensive but I havent had any problems with it at all. Its really thin and fits right in my glove box. I think it was about 80-90 bucks.

Here is a pic of it in the glove box.

I think it was worth it.
                      2003 E46 BMW
                      Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
                      ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
                      Everything is for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by polo6979 View Post
                        I bought this one at microcenter. Its kinda expensive but I havent had any problems with it at all. Its really thin and fits right in my glove box. I think it was about 80-90 bucks.
                        I think it was worth it.
                        That one is ok, but I didnt like it 'cos it doesnt work off hibernation (for me) ; also its way more expensive than the ione and its harder to use (mousepad vs thumbstick)

Comment

Mine worked fine after standby for a while... I just rebuilt my PC this weekend and not its not working after standby. I dont know what gives.
                          2003 E46 BMW
                          Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
                          ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
                          Everything is for sale.

Comment

I actually gave up on hibernating and standby, now I just reboot. There were too many issues.

Comment

Working...
                            X