tablets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tablets

how good are they? where i work theres a nokia770 series tablet with wifi and bluethooth capability it also has a touch screen in i believe it has a reasonable price of 133 plus tax what do you guys think?

What are you planning on doing with it? Putting it in your dash and just using that as a CarPC?

As for a CarPC:
    I'm sure they're nice, but I would also assume they have limited capabilities compared to a PC. For instance, it probably has fewer connections, thus limiting you to one, maybe two, simultaneous bluetooth connections for any peripherals. Also, there doesn't seem to be much space for software, music, frontends, etc...

As for taking with you and using it to surf the net somewhere:
    Sure, looks pretty cool.

Comment

moved to the laptop, TABLETS, and umpc sub-forum...
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

i picked up a nokia 770 last month on woot. it's GREAT for VOIP w/ google talk and gizmodo but haven't found it that useful for anything else. it'll connect to you PC over wifi and play music, but it's SLOOOW. Bluetooth gps receivers will work with it, but it seems like more trouble than it's worth. I tried to install maemo maps and failed miserably.

I would not recommend it for the car. Most of the controls are meant to be pressed with the stylus and not your finger. if you have small fingers... it might work. there's also the memory issue.....

Comment

Originally posted by GOBLEN View Post
          how good are they? where i work theres a nokia770 series tablet with wifi and bluethooth capability it also has a touch screen in i believe it has a reasonable price of 133 plus tax what do you guys think?
          I just googled the Nokia770, it doesn't have nearly enough processor power to run much of anything. And since its not running WinXP, you're gonna have to write your own front-end and GPS apps. Not worth the trouble when you an get a real XP Tablet used off EBay for 200+.
          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Working...
          X