Advice on plug'n'play option...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on plug'n'play option...

I currently have a mac mini installed my M3 and am loving it....

I recently leased an 2007 Ranger Rover Sport SUV and would like to implement a plug'n'play setup into it for my MacBook...Im only looking for a audio and video connection

I have stock nav and the Harman Kardon Logic 7 sound system.

I want to use the stock equipment with my macbook:

The stock nav screen doubling as screen for the laptop so I can watch live video feeds and live streams...

Use the cars stock speakers through the macbook....

This is an entirely different scenario compared to my M3 Mac Mini and I dont know where to start, although Ive gotten somewhat of a head start.

I know the apple sells a mini-connector each for dvi/vga/video out.

I know that I can probably hook up my stock nav screen with a tv 2 nav adapter or something of the sort. If anyone has any good suggestions on a way to do this Im all ears. VGA is the prefered connection.

Now how to hook up the sound is a mystery to me.

This forum has always been great for leading you in the right direction or instantly solving your problem. Thanks in advance people.

no ones got nothing on this, ive done numerous searches, nada.

Comment

Originally posted by NickN View Post
      Now how to hook up the sound is a mystery to me.

This forum has always been great for leading you in the right direction or instantly solving your problem. Thanks in advance people.
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/advf...iew&advfaqid=7
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

thanks for that, no clue on how to hook up the video portion huh, some sort of connector that handles vga?

Comment

Hi,
          I plan to use my macbook in my car, a fiat punto Mk2.
          I don't have any nav or lcd in it, so I'll use a lilliput touchscreen.
          Until you don't know the model of your navigator/touchscreen, you won't know what kind of connection you need.
          Here's a mac mini in a prius, using the standard navigator/touchscreen:
          http://www.kusnetz.net/prius/

Comment

Working...
          X