UX90PS and external touchscreen LCD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UX90PS and external touchscreen LCD?

So I just got a new car, and instead of doing the ITX motherboard and all that, I am thinking about getting a UX90PS with the solid state drive so it will boot really fast. I want to keep using my in dash motorized touchscreen tho. So probably mount the UX90PS in the glove and route everything to the touchscreen.

Anyone know if there is any problems loading the touch screen drivers for the external dispplay since the UX90PS has a touch screen also?

Anything else I should consider?

I dont wanna drop a ton of cash on the UX90PS if its a bad idea for a car computer.

touchscreen shouldn't be a problem, can't really say if it supports 800X480 though for the display..., power switch may be an issue if the dock doesn't have one...

otherwise a cooool machine & a great idea... the only way to determine all the little details of how well this works is to go for it, I would't be afraid to try this unit, looks like a nice plan really, again, the power switch would be my main concern... sometimes real tiny machines like this can be a nightmare to take apart
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

I went for it.. and got it. It totally rocks!
      Main reason I wanted it was cause of the SSD.. with a solid state hard drive, windows boots in like 5 seconds.. a normal version of windows.. not a winlite type version.

And yeah.. I realised after I ordered it that the problem would be the power for it.. gotta start reading!

Comment

good luck with it man, I love minipc's & think we'll see more & more of them make there way into the car... someday we'll laugh when we think of "remember when guys used to take huge desktop pc's & shove them in a car"
        MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
        X