transfer files to a laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer files to a laptop

I want to transfer all my audio and video files from my pc at home to my laptop car pc. What is the best way to do that?

Network, external hard drive, usb fob depending on the size of your collection. You could also burn them onto dvd's if you had nothing else.
    Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

i want to do it over the network. How exactly do I do that?

Comment

Which part don't you know, the network part, the sharing files for transfer or both?

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

ACtually I remember doing this on my other computer a long time ago. Im pretty sure I know what to do. Thanks.

Comment

Transfer files

You could transfer files one of three ways:
            1. burn your collection to disk and read them on the laptop (not effecient)
            2. Most (if not all) computers have an ethernet connecton. You could connect the computers with an ethernet cable and copy the files that way.
            3. The most effecient way would be to install a wireless network. The hub and cards can be purchased for less than $100 (you may be able to do the work with left over parts for a lot less).
            Using methods 2 or 3 require you to 'share' out your music library. If you are going wireless, set up the proper security and share only the music parent directory. If you're paranoid, set up the sharing as read only.
            good luck,
            DNR

Comment

Do I HAVE to use a crossover cable to do file transfer or can I just use a regular ethernet cable?

Comment

If you arent going through a hub or switch you have to use a crossover

Comment

Networking 101.
                  Gotta love it.
                  Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                  How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

i set up my wifi connection. transferring through that. Thanks.

Comment

Transfer files

For mobile applications, wifi is your best bet, but don't underestimate a simple wired connection when the wireless signal is blocked.
                      Merry Christmas
                      DNR

Comment

Working...
                      X