Mounting 8" LCD screen.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting 8" LCD screen.

I have a Dynamix 8" 816 LCD touch screen in my car that's mounted with like 5 strips of industrial strength double sided 3M tape.

below is a link to a gallery of a bunch of photos of my current setup.

if needed i can take more of this specific piece and current setup.

Photo gallery at villagephotos.com
    2006 Mazda 3 S Series
    2.3L 4cyl Engine

Current Build
    - Commell LV-677 Motherboard
    - Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 CPU
    - Dual 512MB PC5300\667MHz RAM
    - Seagate 80GB SATA HDD
    - M2-ATX 160W PSU
    - Dynamix 8" LCD Touchscreen
    - VoomPC I Mini-ITX Case (Black)

woo thats pretty neat! where did you get the program for it? is it possible for me to download?
    Oh yeah rid with the blues baby~

Comment

it's roadrunner + digitalfx skin

no one has any ideas on how to mount it?
      2006 Mazda 3 S Series
      2.3L 4cyl Engine

Current Build
      - Commell LV-677 Motherboard
      - Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 CPU
      - Dual 512MB PC5300\667MHz RAM
      - Seagate 80GB SATA HDD
      - M2-ATX 160W PSU
      - Dynamix 8" LCD Touchscreen
      - VoomPC I Mini-ITX Case (Black)

Comment

Thanks!! ill study about it online.. hahah hopefully i get to understand it ..

Comment

You got the piece from japanparts... right? I just got the same one . I like it alot, My screen is coming this week. I'm going to rip open the lcd and make it mount onto the screw holes that came with that piece. Ill show you how in a few days if you have not done it by then.

Comment

Originally posted by iNcArCeRaTiOn View Post
            no one has any ideas on how to mount it?
            in your original post you never said that you were looking for ways to mount it. since you didn't actually ask a question it looked more like you were showing it off. that's why I didn't respond to it earlier, the same probably goes for others as well. if you want answers you have to actually ask a question first

but anyways, I see a very simply solution... ditch the factory stereo and mount your screen there. that's what most people do
            F150 Truckputer [1.0] (coming soon!)
            Fusion Carputer [2.0]
            Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

ditching the stereo in the mazda 3 is not cool. you loose the stock lcd and a lot of OEM looks. He has it in the Best place, The same place I have myne. His place has screw wholes and its made for an LCD.. 7 inches... but 8 will fit

Comment

Originally posted by sevin7 View Post
                ditching the stereo in the mazda 3 is not cool. you loose the stock lcd and a lot of OEM looks
                I wouldn't consider that to be much of a loss. it's just a cheap one-color fixed-digit display. doesn't it just a display info for the stock radio anyways? with a carPC, the stock radio is no longer needed.

a nice computer display in that location would very good. get and installation kit like this and mount a 7" LCD in it. it would look very good, and if the install kit was painted to match the dash color then it would look OEM as well.

whatever you decide... good luck
                Fusion Carputer [2.0]
                Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

The stock lcd displays AC info, fuel computer info, outside temperature, clock, and radio.

Comment

hey can i sell the stereo that comes with my computer online or somewhere
                    ..ohh has anyone head about eonon?

Comment

Originally posted by sevin7 View Post
                      The stock lcd displays AC info, fuel computer info, outside temperature, clock, and radio.
                      I still don't think it's needed. but if you really wanted to keep it then it looks like there is enough room to leave the stock LCD display where it is and still mount a 7" VGA screen in place of the radio. that would give you the best of both worlds
                      Fusion Carputer [2.0]
                      Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

the lcd is actually mounted on the cd player. And the stock cd player actually controls all of the stuff that i mentioned the lcd displaying. some people on the mazda3forums have put the stock cd player in their glove box, extended all the wires, and made a custom mount for the lcd. But that is a lot of trouble to go through just to have the lcd a little bit closer. I also have a dash kit on my mazda3, and if i removed the cd player it would be nearly impossible to get a lcd mount to match the rest of my dash. I plan on putting a second lcd below my ac controls were the cigarette lighter is. its not the most ideal spot because its behind the shifter, but i want to control my music with that one because its closer to the driver, and the top one will always display navigation.

[media]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Sevin7/DSC00645.jpg[/media]

Comment

here's a cool product. it's made for the Mazda 6, but maybe it could be modded to fit the 3?

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-inch-Motorized...QQcmdZViewItem
                          Fusion Carputer [2.0]
                          Fusion Carputer [1.0]

Comment

Working...
                          X