Outdoor readable displays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor readable displays

INFO for those who wants to do this the right way.

'the shiznit on outdoor readable displays"

Please add links to articles related to this topic only. I am simply trying to come up with a thread where we can stay current on the technology.
    99' V6 Solara SE.
    '05 CBR600RR
    Baltimore MD.
    Shuttle XPC| 512MB | 120GB 3.5" Seagate
    Opus 150W PS | Rikaline 6010 GPS
    7" Lilliput 619 | Centrafuse | IGuidance 3

cool stuff, the dell Latitude ATG sounds fantastically better than the previously best of Fujitsu.. they use optical bonding & a 500nit screen & anti reflective.. that screen looks absolutely killer.. until further research shows that there only in the 14" size & many thousands of $$$

so far the best I've found for car use if you can fit a 10.4 is still the fujitsu reflectives... less contrast & brightness at night, but boy does it really light up in the sun
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

EO Tuftab is a semi-ruggedized UMPC and has an outdoor readable 7" touchscreen.

http://tabletkiosk.com

Comment

wow, that is cool... I would say that is an awesome carpc, clicked on add to cart even, but, then I saw it... 1.2 via that's a deal breaker... that with a ulv pm1.2 or even a core solo would be awesome, a bit expensive, but for the right install I think it would be worth it, but not with a via...

wonder what lcd it houses? sounds sweet
        MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

In the review, was the compare with transflective Fujitsu or reflective Fujitsu monitor? If I understood right, it was fit transflective, so the reflective would be closer to Dell?
          My worklog (fabricating the bezel right now)

40 % Done ?

Comment

man I sure wish dell would do a <=10.4" ATG.

but ya those TabletKiosks look awesome. If you read further down they mention something about a version with Intel Menlow Processors.

quick list of engadget reviews of all things Menlow Related: Menlow Based Devices
            99' V6 Solara SE.
            '05 CBR600RR
            Baltimore MD.

Comment

Not so new but awesome.

from itronix.

ECR: 6.6:1 but appears very similar to Dells (ECR 11:1)ATG apparently.

http://www.ruggedpcreview.com/3_tech...x_dynavue.html
              99' V6 Solara SE.
              '05 CBR600RR
              Baltimore MD.

Comment

That Itronix Duo looks perfect. Unfortunately it goes for US$3,595. That is why I ultimately went with the Tuftab. It seems expensive until you compare it to other semi-ruggedized tablets. They all seem overpriced to me.

I'm not convinced that "semi-ruggedized" is really any tougher than a standard UMPC. The features that sold me were the sunlight visible screen and the portability. The sunlight visible screen is perfect when used in a vehicle; especially if you have a convertible, Jeep, or other vehicle that let's a lot of sun in. The portability let's you carry it over to a picnic table or hand it out the window to a friend the same way you would a paper map. It also let's you store it in a tuffy box or other secure container if you have an open/soft top vehicle.

Comment

Millec,

can you post pics of your install in direct sun? that would be nice. Thank you!
                  99' V6 Solara SE.
                  '05 CBR600RR
                  Baltimore MD.

Comment

Working...
                  X