Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to remove Laptop screen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to remove Laptop screen?

I have a Gateway 7508GX laptop and want to completly remove the screen. Its broken anyways. I figure I will use this laptop for my carpc

Any help I would appreciate

Typically you have 4-6 screws around the front casing, usually hidden by small rubber tabs.

Then you usually have to remove the plastic bezel above the keyboard. There will be screws that are holding on the hinges.

You might have to remove some of the keyboard or more to get to the Lvds cable to disconnect it, maybe not.
    My 2007 Yukon XL setup. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...64-5000-a.html

Comment

thanks...is there anything I need to be real careful about? ive been searching and saw that some have a wire for the wireless internet going into the screen bezel. I cant find out if this one has that or not..

Comment

Originally posted by americanskiff View Post
        thanks...is there anything I need to be real careful about? ive been searching and saw that some have a wire for the wireless internet going into the screen bezel. I cant find out if this one has that or not..
        Well at some point you might have to pry the case apart around the Lcd if you want the Lcd removed from the case. That is kind of nerve wracking because it sounds like the case is breaking.

And some of the newer models do have the wireless wire around the top half of the case and some don't. So you may need to pry the top half apart to remove the wire.

Also the backlight wires need to be unplugged but that usually isn't a problem.
        My 2007 Yukon XL setup. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...64-5000-a.html

Comment

remove laptop screen

Some laptops wont start if the built in LCD isnt seen. Ive only ran across a few. but some wont boot.

Comment

Working...
          X