a little laptop help.............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little laptop help.............

I have a laptop that I was thinking of using in my car, is there a way to hook it to my indash HU thru the video input ?

or can I use the lcd screen from the laptop for a monitor by using it thru the laptop ?

if u gonna use esisting in dash screen then u will also nmeed to add touch screen layer over it
    Acura / Honda A/V CarPC Adapter GA-NET+
    Centrafuse Garmin Mobile PC Skin - GMPC Rebellium Skin
    3D Tuning and Car Visualizer - Preview your car in 3D, change paint job and rims

Comment

Originally posted by tempgp View Post
      if u gonna use esisting in dash screen then u will also nmeed to add touch screen layer over it
      Only if you want touchscreen functionality. That's not a necessity.

YIMPALAYNOT read the FAQs on screens: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/advfaq.php
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

true but whats a poin having keyboard and mouse sitting in the car? hm
        3D Tuning and Car Visualizer - Preview your car in 3D, change paint job and rims

Comment

Originally posted by tempgp View Post
          true but whats a poin having keyboard and mouse sitting in the car? hm
          Typing on an OSK is a pain on the best of days. I send email and IRC from the PC in my truck, and an OSK is pointless for a guy with big hands & fingers like myself.
          The keyboard has an integrated trackpad and works rather nicely for me.

Remember that everyone's needs/wants from a vehicle PC project are different. Not everyone is going to do it your way.
          How about the Wiki?

Comment

well then its the same as having laptop in car dokingstation =)

Comment

You can't shove a laptop & docking station under your seat.
              Or if you're using a wireless keyboard and mouse, in your center console or glove box.

Some have taken great lengths to put a keyboard into their sun visor.
              Please tell me how that's like having a laptop in a docking station in your car.
              How about the Wiki?

Comment

look at the police cars
                every police car (at least in NYC) has Ridgit Panasonic laptop that docked in steal arm, and when u put it in dock it automatically connects to GPRS and charges itself,same applies to ambulances... one pity, they dont run CF or RR

Comment

Working...
                X