Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove screen and connect vga display

i have a medion md 98300 that i want to use for carpc

but can i remove the screen and connect a indash screen instead? and how is that done?
    Blessed are the "cracked" for it is they who let in the light.

Originally posted by boelle View Post
    i have a medion md 98300 that i want to use for carpc

but can i remove the screen and connect a indash screen instead? and how is that done?
    You remove the factory screen , unhook the lvds cable and the inverter cable. Put the laptop in the car where you want it. Run the external vga cable from the laptop to the dash mounted Vga screen and push whatever button combination on the laptop to activate the external vga monitor. Usually function and f4
    My 2007 Yukon XL setup. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...64-5000-a.html

Comment

also if you want your lappy to always recognize the VGA as the primary monitor, after removing the factory screen and attaching the vga disconnect all power, remove the battery, remove the little round battery on the mobo, wait a few mins, reconnect everything back, VGA should be primary screen now (;
      ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
      2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5
      >"Say what you mean and mean what you say"<

Comment

what i want is remove the factory screen and connect an external vga to the lvds socket so that i can have a dual screen setup

EDIT: Maybe this one does the trick? http://www.orbitmicro.com/global/lvd...0-p-10904.html

EDIT: my connector at mainboard:

EDIT: closeup at panel connector

whole panel

wires at the motherboard connector

wires at the inverterboard

wires at the panel connector

Comment

in the part of the display cable that goes to the panel there are 4 twisted pairs and 5 single wires along with a screen

can any help out how i ident each wire?

Comment

solved this one.. the ones who make the panel was so kind to give me the full spec sheet.. so now i can both make that lvds interface to an vga interface and make that panel an vga monitor

Comment

Can you provide the diagram? Take a screen print and upload the picture to Photobucket or something?

Comment

there are no diagram, each laptop has it's own pinout on the panel

but i use the LVDS-VGA-R10 from tri-m systems and the pinout for that module are as follows:

you have to get the pinout for your panel and then match up each pin of this module

Comment

Working...
                X