Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

powering down when power moves to battery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powering down when power moves to battery?

is there software available which will make my laptop shut down (not standby or hibernate) once the power moves from ac power to battery power?

Originally posted by pwetherhill View Post
    is there software available which will make my laptop shut down (not standby or hibernate) once the power moves from ac power to battery power?
    What front-end do you use? If Ride Runner, it can be done using RR skin commands and the Powermon plug-in.
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

not sorted a frontend out yet as im just in the build stage, ill give roadrunner a go though. do they have an official site?

Comment

I can't think of an easy software solution just offhand (though I'm sure one exists) however I can think of an easy way to implement this in hardware.

Build a flip-flop circuit configured to output a pulse on the falling edge of the input signal. Use the vehicles switched +12 as the input. Presuming that the circuit in question is also powered by switched +12, put enough capacitor on its supply to hold it for a second after the power goes away.

Solder a pair of wires across the laptop's power button. Connect these wires to the output of an optoisolator, whose input is driven by the aforementioned circuit.

Set the laptop to shut down on a press of the power button.

Comment

Try this.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/soft...-software.html
          CAR: 2007 G35 Sport Coupe 5AT
          HARDWARE: Dell D630 w/ dock, internal 80G HD, internal 320G HD, Verizon Wireless Card, iBlue GM-2 GPS w/iGuidance, OBDPros w/DashCommand, Visteon HD Radio w/ Home Made Cable, Current Version of RR w/ DFX Skin. My Install.

Comment

I think windows has had this built in since XP or so? Check in the control panel, under power options.

Comment

No need to install any software... just go into your power settings in the control panel, go to the Alarms tab... slide the low battery alarm slider all the way to 100%, click the Alarm Action button and select your options.

I have mine to go into standby when the battery is at 100%... with these settings, the laptop basically goes into standby right when the AC is pulled...

Comment

Working...
              X