Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Lenovo S10-3t tablet netbook

Link to my project post (link)

Overall, I'm very satisfied using the S10-3t. The LED touchscreen is very responsive to touches and the screen is very readable in direct sunlight, even at 70-80% brightness setting.

The netbook came with an extended 6-cell battery which makes the netbook longer than it needs to be. Still waiting for Lenove to release the 3-cell battery for purchase so the battery will be flush with the netbook chassis.
    Lexus IS250 CarPC Project

Plan [++++++++++] 100%
    Buy [++++++++++] 100%
    Config [+++++++++-] 90%
    Install [++++++++++] 100%

Can you post some pictures under direct or indirect sunlight? I think the IBM tablets with multitouch can't come with the outdoor viewing screen ("sunbright"), only the digitizer version. Not sure if this is correct still, but...
    Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
    Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

All my windows have dark tint....

Today, I'll try to position the car so that the sunlight will come through the windshield and take a pic.

Plan [++++++++++] 100%
        Buy [++++++++++] 100%
        Config [+++++++++-] 90%

Comment

Here are 2 pics with direct sunlight from above (noon time). You can also see reflection from the rear window. I did add a screen protector on my screen, which is more reflective than the original screen. This is at 100% brightness setting.
          Attached Files

Plan [++++++++++] 100%
          Buy [++++++++++] 100%
          Config [+++++++++-] 90%

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures. Yeah, lots of glare, but it could be worse. It's pretty usable as it is, but this is not the superbright screen, is it? I wonder if it's also a glossy screen with more brightness, or if it's an AG treatment.

CF clean skin does not help matters one bit, but you have (some limited) options there. A milky/off white background with bold black text works best in the car environment, IMHO.
            Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
            Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

One of my co-workers has one of these to test MeeGo on. I must say, it's pretty nice and I've been debating getting one. The screen is a pretty capacitive multi-touchscreen.
              Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
              Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
              Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Comment

Just got one and trying it out...

Thanks for the pics and info. I'll be using a similar HW setup (see below). I am thinking StreetDeck for now but I am trying Centrafuse 3.X. I'll add more later but BT Phone, VOICE command (text2speech speech2text) and media playback are my focus. NAVI is added bonus.

Lenovo s10-3t (6 cell)
                2Gbyte mem (upgrade)
                32 Gbyte SSD (Cosair NOVA series, upgrade)
                Windows7 Professional ((upgrade also try windows embedded standard hopefully comes with touch)
                IOGEAR BT dongle

Comment

Working...
                X