Manufacturer: Fujitsu
    Model: P1610
    Processor Brand: Intel
    Processor Class: Core Solo U1400
    Processor Speed: 1.2 GHz
    Memory: 1 GB
    Hard Drive: 80 GB
    Screen Size: 8.9" Touch Screen Display
    I think somebody here did a install with this baby? Turbocad in an Escalade, others?

Very cool deal if you ask me, I'm tempted...
    Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
    Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

I have one of these. Was trying to figure out how to not have to use the pen as the touch device.
    TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
    BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
    BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDog View Post
      I have one of these. Was trying to figure out how to not have to use the pen as the touch device.
      Depending on where you use it and how, TURBOCAD6 took off the OEM digitizer and bought a separate touchpanel. I use an external pointing device (Saitek X-52) so I can use the pen for cursive handwriting recognition in class. I'd replace mine with a capacitive touchscreen in a heartbeat, if I knew how to find one. The options are endless.
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

I thought this one had a capacitive touch? (see the review, specs here. No digitizer on this one).

So you can use your finger already, and the screen is not that bad, compared to your run of the mill std edition car screen that is.

Edit: BTW, what you say is true, Gizmo, for the CarPC he has on the FX, but he did an install on a friend's Escalade too, where this tiny beast (9.13" x 7.32") is hidden in a drawer...

Comment

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
          I thought this one had a capacitive touch? (see the review, specs here. No digitizer on this one).

So you can use your finger already, and the screen is not that bad, compared to your run of the mill std edition car screen that is.

Edit: BTW, what you say is true, Gizmo, for the CarPC he has on the FX, but he did an install on a friend's Escalade too, where this tiny beast (9.13" x 7.32") is hidden in a drawer...
          I thought it was a resistive 4-wire under the Windows TabletPC Spec.

You're right about TURBOCAD6's other build, but I just think of that as a laptop in a drawer, very little "CarPC"-type connectivity.
          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Hum, you're right, maybe it's resistive.

Comment

Working...
            X