Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a stupid mounting idea for an iPad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a stupid mounting idea for an iPad?

So I had this idea the other day after weeks of trying to figure out how to get my iPad to stay in the dash. Magnets? I was going to take apart one of those smart covers and embed the magnet into the dash. So when it is slid in place the magnets will help keep it stable. I did a search for this but couldn't find anything. Has this been done before

i don't see why it wouldn't work, I'd probably depend on some stronger magnets than what you'd get in a smart cover though.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPad-iPad2-c...82ecd7&vxp=mtr

Comment

There are stands that are sold exclusively for your iPads. We use it especially when we need the map.

Maddie and Matt

Comment

Originally posted by tdub24 View Post
          So I had this idea the other day after weeks of trying to figure out how to get my iPad to stay in the dash. Magnets? I was going to take apart one of those smart covers and embed the magnet into the dash. So when it is slid in place the magnets will help keep it stable. I did a search for this but couldn't find anything. Has this been done before
          Hey Tdub,

Check out my setup. It's funny that you describe exactly what I ended up coming up with, but I'd never seen your post before!

http://www.mp3car.com/apple-ipad/152...ash-mount.html

Definitely depends on your dash layout, and the magnets wouldn't hold the iPad by themselves, but with a few rubber feet in the right place, it's been a perfect setup for me.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
          X