Tablet as display monitor??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablet as display monitor??

I want to intall a car pc in a boat and want to be able to control the audio from the dock or shore. Is it possible to use a tablet for a tft display monitor? Can I link it via Bluetooth or wifi? What would be the best front end?

i think bluetooth is only thirty feet ...... it would be easier to use a bluetooth presenter device but you would still have the distance limitations of bluetooth.

Comment

On my boat I use a nook color running a remote dektop app to the PC connected via the wifi hotspot on my phone, the resolution doesn't match up 100 percent, but it's close enough and it works well. I get control to about about 100 feet from the boat. I use riderunner for a frontend.

I've thought of ptting in a dedicated wifi router, but that actually complicates things using the phone for internet connectivity
      TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
      BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
      BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

you can use dual routers with one as a wireless bridge to create the network. one router connect to the phones hotspot and connects to the second route which wirelessly connects to devices. its what im using in my car. i would guess that your range is limited by the wireless protocol but you could always get more sensitive attenaes to boost signal strength.

Comment

That's class 3 bluetooth. If you get a better quality class 1 it will be 100 feet.
          Ampie Case
          2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
          256 MB DDR2 PC5400
          Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
          Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
          M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

Working...
          X