Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out, Tablet.. SWEET

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5171473598
    Check this link out. I am seriously considering this. What are the downfalls.
    You can still have something if you have nothing

I just bid on one, My daughter needs one
    1992 z71 Chevy

Comment

if you don't mind, post up a review. I would like to get my mom one, what do you think?

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

Only problem I could see is that it does not say if it works without the stylus, which for a carpc would kinda suck. But for normal home or office use, that would be really nice.
        肚子笑痛了
        S60 Install

Comment

I think it would be a great system to tear apart and relocate the screen...for the money, a 10inch touchscreen (assuming you could use w/o the stylus) and a 1Ghz box, thats hard to pass up seeing as how a good panel and touchkit would come close to that...alas, being broke outweighs that desire

Comment

Yea I've always wanted one of those but never really had the cash to dish out for them back in the day when they first came out cuz they were pretty pricey. That's not a bad deal at all. I'd also like to see a review, I'm sure my mom would like one as well .
            Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

Comment

I have one at home, quite similar to that one. It's a nice little toy. But no, it does not work without the stylus unfortunately. The handwriting recognition is quite good though. Picks up 95% of my writing, and I don't have the best handwriting. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Russ

Comment

I can't tell but I assume you can flip the screen around for transportation?
                AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

I have a Compaq TC1000 here are work with that same CPU as that one and it's pretty slow, not very impressed here.
                  1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

It's just the screen, nowhere to flip. Mine came with a leather case that it can snap into, kind of liek a big palm pilot. That protects it pretty well.

Originally posted by brady
                    I can't tell but I assume you can flip the screen around for transportation?

Comment

I just recently picked up a first-gen tablet pc for hacking into a carpc. All of the XP Tablet edition tablets are stylus-only, which would kind of suck for the car.

I found a Viewsonic V1000 for about $500. Considering its a 800Mhz celeron, with 10.4" touchscreen (this is one of the only slate style resistive touch screen tablets), and is DC-DC ready w/ battery backup and shutdown management, I figure this is a pretty good deal as it goes for carpc setups.

A couple of gotcha's, so far, though:
                      1) it's bigger than I thought it would be. I had a ProGear 1000 tablet borrowed from work that was much smaller... so now I have to go back to the drawing board a little and work up a mounting system that will work well...
                      2) The sound card in these is not worth the headset jack on the thing. For the short term it will do, but my plan is to use a cardbus usb2.0 adapter coupled with a usb soundcard to get adequate output.

If you're looking for a tablet pc for the car, make sure you get one with a passive digitizer (in my research, only the Viewsonic Viewpad 1000 and the Pacebook P100 meet these criteria in the slate-style tablets).

Also, stay away from the transmeta crusoe systems. At least the previous version of the chip underperformed by about 50% when compared to a celeron at the same Mhz. Since these things are wired to your car's DC system, you don't care so much about battery life.

Comment

I got mine today...looks and works real nice!
                        1992 z71 Chevy

Comment

Well, what material is the stylus pen made of? Maybe we can have some sort of a finger attachment with the material on the tip! Hmm, a new product idea? I donno
                          Noobiiiii
                          with much knowledge!
                          50% completed demo car for Dice, Inc.

Comment

I also have a tc1000 that i had installed as my car pc for a while but I got rid of it. The 10 inch was too big (I wanted a flush install) but that was the least of my problems. You have to use the stylus and the processor is slow....don't think it runs anywhere close to the speed of a normal 1ghz. The computer is great for what i use it for now, tracking expenses and time while traveling but it will never be back in my car.
                            '05 350Z Roadster
                            http://www.gregburch.com/

Comment

I have been using a tablet PC for a while now in my truck, and I dont really find using the stylus to be a problem. I like the large screen(easy on aging eyes).
                              I am also very impressed with the interface options of the newest Tablet OS.Surprised how well the voice recognition works.
                              Specs seem pretty week in this slate unit from e-bay.Not even a USB 2.0???
                              nice price I guess if you can use just the screen, with a better onboard puter.

Comment

Working...
                              X