Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People using laptops: quick question

Hey to all the people using laptops:

What are you using to power your screen/peripheals? I imagine a carnetix, but I'm just curious

Additionally: does anyone know of a 12v 6.5 amp regulator?

soon as i find time to install my crap, i plan on using the carnetix p1900 or whatever it is... 18-20 volts for the laptop, and 3amps @ 5v for (usb) peripherals... plus theres that addon that gives another 3amps @ 5v... i dont know what im doing for 12v quite yet, not a big problem tho besides the screen

Comment

does anyone know of a 12v 6.5 amp regulator?
      The CarNetix P1290 can provide +12V @ 6.3 amps, plus a second output of +5V @ 3 amps for USB devices.
      MikeH

Comment

big newbie question here..

but with any of the carnetix how exactly does it connect to both the LCD and your laptop? I was planning on using a docking station. I noticed the carnetix doesn't have have any power wires, minus some thin 16-18 gauge type wire going out. How does this exactly connect with the screen and laptop docking station for example ?

Thanks!

Comment

stonep
          How does this exactly connect with the screen and laptop docking station for example ?
          You may want to download the Installation Manual. There are several diagrams that may help.
          MikeH

Comment

Working...
          X