Extending Laptop Display Wires?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending Laptop Display Wires?!?

I've read through a few threads around the forum in which people had extended their Laptop wires to mount the display a few feet away from the unit... HOW?!

I picked up a Fujitsu Lifebook B (built in 10.4" touchscreen) from ebay, worked great, nice laptop! But I can't for the life of me extend this harness! The wires are 32awg and won't even twist onto another wire without breaking loose!

My best attempt so far has been with an IDE cable to the terminal that was at the end of the harness. Since the wires are already in "ribbon" form it was relatively easy to line them up to the "terminals" on the adapter, but I couldn't get them to stay in the adapter! The stock wires were soldered into it. The terminals on the adapter are literally the size of a pin, there is no way i could solder it without getting solder onto the adjacent pin. (Though I had considered using a toothpick and cold solder)
    - ƒarrow

www.myspace.com/farrow099

~ I will pay someone if they can do this! Its getting VERY frustating!

FYI; this is a 14 wire/terminal adapter that slides into the motherboard... And I did try Molex.com, they said its not one of theirs so they can't do anything for me.
    - ƒarrow

Comment

I would say don't attempt.. I'ms till trying to figure out how to fix mine after I tried extending the LCD wires..
      Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

Comment

Yeah well unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you, lol... Already cut 2 of them, couldn't fix them, so I took the adapter apart.
        - ƒarrow

Comment

A search would help you. Or a quick look in the FAQs finds this: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51040

-arebelspy
          See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
          Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
          i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

As I said; I read through the related threads (including that one), but thanks for uhh?

Unfortunately noone mentions what tools and materials they use. I'm thinking they used a cold solder epoxy, as its the only way I can imagine getting such small contacts attatched.

For anyone interested; This is what I mean by cold solder epoxy; http://www.web-tronics.com/2400.html
            - ƒarrow

Comment

Working...
            X