No announcement yet.

Shutdown controller for a laptop questions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutdown controller for a laptop questions

I have just installed my CarPC and begining to see why there is such a thing as a shutdown controller. I am new to this whole field but am excited about learning. The CarPC works beautfully, but I do not want to go into my trunk eveyr time I want to turn the computer on. What do I need? All I need to do is to be able for the computer to go into standby or shutdown when the car is truned off but when the car is turned back on I need it to power up without me pushing any buttons. Help please!?

To use the SDC (ShutDown Controller), you need to access the laptop power button. You either hack the laptop power button switch to get the 2 wires/pins to use with the SDC or you have to get a docking station and hack the docking station power switch.
    The SDC will send a power pulse (push or connect 2 wires of the power button) when the key is turn on (car's ACC goes hot), and send another power pulse when ACC goes off for X minutes/second.
    The hardest part of using laptop for carPC is get to that freaking power button switch.
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER