No announcement yet.

laptop, how can i keep the vga port ALIVE

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop, how can i keep the vga port ALIVE

so when i close my laptop, my vga port disables? is there a way to stop that?
    i have a inspiron b130 from dell pretty new lappy, i just want to use my lilliput while the laptop is closed.

When you close the lid of your laptop, there must be a latch or a push button somewhere that gets pushed that initiates that. Find it and hack it off. The downside is your LCD screen is still gonna be on and consume power unnecessarily.
    iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
    CFX - Skin for Road Runner

on my old dell lappy there was a function button that changed crt/lcd. i think it was function F10 Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

You sure it's not suspending? Check the windows power settings to make sure it isn't set to 'Do this action on lid close' : Suspend

there is an option in the software see pic. The vga should stay on - mine does when you close the lid.
          Attached Files

even if i set it it still doesnt stay on. i think it the dell... iono what to do i just put a shirt over the screen and keep it under my passenger seat... i still dont get it

have you looked in the bios?

If you press the switch displays button and turn the LCd off then it should work fine.