startup controller for laptop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• startup controller for laptop?

Do they make a startup/shutdown controller that is compatible with a laptop?

no
    iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
    CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

bull!!!! any startup controller for a pc should work also with a laptop... I use an opus 150 to start-up & shut down my laptop every day....

a little tricky to wire up, but works fine
      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

The contacts where the power button is pushed down are the same as the on/off pins on a desktop mobo somewhat. Just use the controller's power up wire, and splice into the button. It should work.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster
          The contacts where the power button is pushed down are the same as the on/off pins on a desktop mobo somewhat. Just use the controller's power up wire, and splice into the button. It should work.

Check out my sig :-)

Comment

Nice circuit, simple. I guess you can build that instead of buying a startup controller, and since it is a laptop, XP has a built in shutdown controller!
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster
              Nice circuit, simple. I guess you can build that instead of buying a startup controller, and since it is a laptop, XP has a built in shutdown controller!
              Sure Thing. :-) Just have it go into hibernation when it 'loses power' i.e. the car is turned off. I have mine set at 3 minutes. Works great.

Comment

Originally posted by black06stang
                Do they make a startup/shutdown controller that is compatible with a laptop?
                Does your lappy have a serial port? If so, check out the DSSC - Dashwerks Startup/Shutdown Controller.
                http://www.dashwerks.com/dw_dssc.php

The DSSC is one of the most battle tested and proven controllers out there. I've never used mine via serial port, but it's about the easiest way to achieve what you're looking for - and it has support for powering tons of other devices (radar, anything 12v)

www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Working...
                X