Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop screen input?

hi,
    i know laptops have a video output but is it possible to use the laptop screen for other stuff without booting the laptop?
    - My ride - MySpace -

No. I'm nearly shure it is not possible

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Christophe
      No. I'm nearly shure it is not possible
      Try reading the laptop LCD FAQs before jumping to this statement.
      TruckinMP3
      D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

I agree, I was spoken about "native" possibility. My answer was not clear enough

Comment

faq isnt that clear tho... i want to keep my laptop in one peice but with an independant screen input thats all theres enough space on teh laptop for another vga plug so yeah...
          - My ride - MySpace -

Comment

Originally posted by S2K12
            faq isnt that clear tho... i want to keep my laptop in one peice but with an independant screen input thats all theres enough space on teh laptop for another vga plug so yeah...
            Considering there's no video input of any sort on your laptop, no it's not possible.
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

although, the faq says how to put an input on, so, if i cut a hole in my laptop and stuck the plug there i could do it the same as the faq says, but do it cleanly and make the input plug just another plug on the laptop.

yer i know theres not one on the laptop but i wanna mod it to have one.

thx for ur help tho

cheers.
              - My ride - MySpace -

Comment

even if you could pull off modifying the ribbon cable & tee-ing off of it to have the wires extend out of the laptop(you can't), you would then have to connect these wires to a controller board, it STILL wouldn't work because when you connect this controller board the connection to the other board it won't work with 2 boards connected to one screen....

not happening....
                MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Comment

yeah, I know... guess I was bored
                    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
                    X