Laptop vs Desktop question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop vs Desktop question

I have do some extensive searching and know what the pros and cons of each are, but i have a 2.8ghz laptop (Sharp Actius RD10 ) the wont run on its battery and no replacement seems to be available. I also have a atx mobo and a Intel 2ghz cpu.

Just curious which would be better till my house is built and I can fabricate a double din system

Im not worried about speed
    The laptop will have to leave the car at times since it is still on some of my service calls ( not often but still used) and there is no docking station available for it. I have finally found a car adapter for it since the power connection is 4 pins not a standard dc jack

or

Use the atx Mobo w/ the 2ghz cpu (intergrated video and audio). Im not worried about buying any thing for this since it will more than likley go into the double din system. My main concern is will I have to use an inverter or will the Opus 150w psu be sufficent?

opus is sufficent. There are universal docking stations avaiable for the laptop, but if it needs to be moved around, then you need to locate a battery for it or just leave it for its function.
    Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
    Genesis has speed
    Genesis has class
    Genesis sent money
    before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

Thanks. I wasnt sure about the Opus being sufficent thats why I was considering the laptop. Since it will be then my route has been determined.

Comment

also, you shuld do a testto see how much power your'e ppulling Search for power calculators.
        Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
        Genesis has speed
        Genesis has class
        Genesis sent money
        before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

Did that also and thats why I figured the opus wouldnt work, but then after reading a few post it looked like that or the m2 atx might cut it after all.

Comment

New Reply-Old Post Sharp PCRD-10

Finally found another owner of PCRD-10 Sharp Notebook.

Appreciate any info you have on finding a replacement battery for RD-10.

Any sites you have found for support & updates also appreciated.

Any preference you found on wireless routers which work well with
            PCRD-10?

Thanks info.
            James K

Comment

Working...
            X