Auto power a laptop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto power a laptop?

My friend is giving me his old dell laptop and I was thinking maybe just use this for a carpc. It is a little overkill for a carpc but I have no use for it. I searched all over the forums and can't find a specific way ( if possible ) to autostart the laptop when you turn on the ignition. Is there anyone that has rigged a power controller to one?
    Cars:
    2001 Lexus es300 carpc Complete!Lexus es300 thread Retired
    Current: 2008 BMW 335i - carpc in development.

Originally posted by spiike
    My friend is giving me his old dell laptop and I was thinking maybe just use this for a carpc. It is a little overkill for a carpc but I have no use for it. I searched all over the forums and can't find a specific way ( if possible ) to autostart the laptop when you turn on the ignition. Is there anyone that has rigged a power controller to one?
    There are several options. You really need to search better. Check out the FAQ section. Then do a search on "remote start laptop" and "Laptop auto start".

You will most likely need to solder to your laptop, or if you have a docking station, you can solder to that instead.

Good luck.

Michael

P.S. Try this out http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75071
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

thanks Mike, I was searching the wrong key words. I used yours and came up with a bunch of hits. =)
      Cars:
      2001 Lexus es300 carpc Complete!Lexus es300 thread Retired
      Current: 2008 BMW 335i - carpc in development.

Comment

Working...
      X