No announcement yet.

Motorola Xoom tablet car dock

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorola Xoom tablet car dock

Unfortunatly I posted this in the wrong section, I sent a pm to a mod and asked that it get moved but i did'nt get a reply.

I recently built a docking station in my 1999 Rodeo to hold my Motorola Xoom tablet and charge it. I started with the Xoom, desktop dock car charger and several sheets of ABS plastic. A power port which I wired behind the radio and fused at 15 amps.

From the factory the head unit is above the pocket so the first thing I had to do after pulling the head unit was put it under the pocket. Then I drilled a hole in the top of the pocket big enough for the connector on the car charger to go through. Then I attached the dock to the bottom of the pocket and used ABS to close off each end.

Then I made a back plate for support with tabs around the sides and front to hold the tablet in place. Since the pictures below were taken I have pulled the back plate off and wrapped it in vynal to keep the tablet from getting scratched when I slide it in or out. My head unit also has USB support so I cut a hole above my cig lighter for that to be surface mounted.
    Attached Files

So where do you want it? Here or in the completed projects area? Next time just report the post instead of PMing a mod.

Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people