Android Headrests?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Headrests?

Looking to add headrest monitors for my kids and I found the below Android unit. It says it has Wifi, Ethernet, front USB-A port and RF headphones for $199. It looks to tilt out for direct viewing when the seat is leaned back..

looks pretty cool but i wonder what is the quality of the screen?

Comment

Can you post the link where to buy these at?

Comment

It said sunlight readable 800x480. Don't remember anything else.

I found it on my phone and history cleared it self. I copied the picture but not the link, silly me. I'm looking for it.. Sorry

Comment

That seems pretty cheap. Too cheap really. Even if the rest of the specs are decent, as nkognegr0 mentioned, I'm curious about the screen quality too.

Comment

Sorry everyone, kids first week back to school was a mess. But all is good now.. Anyway, the headrests can be found here, http://androidincar.com/headrests.html. What do people think? Pictures look good.

Comment

I was looking for help from others but I guess I was askin to much....

Comment

The specs look good. Thinking the lower price cause I don't see Bluetooth or GPS, guess they don't need them being headrests. Has anyone ordered a set of these yet?

Comment

I find it , anybody need it pls let me know
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	sibosale09-albums-car-headrest-pc-picture64618-pa100272.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	2281521
                  Last edited by sibosale09; 12-29-2011, 08:31 PM.

Comment

You're going to be immediately limited by the fact that there's no Android market on this device. You'll be relegated to whatever apps the manufacturer can scrap together on their proprietary market system (and most will probably be japanese junk apps). You've also got a resistive touchscreen to deal with, which due to the nature in which most android stuff has you swiping and scrolling across the screen causes an absolute chore, especially in the car. The dual core sounds nice, but you are also limited by the android 2.2 build, which is now 3 iterations behind and wont be compatible with some of the newest android apps like google music and such.

Hardware limitation is no GPS, or Bluetooth, so expect to have wired headphones connected for any audio playback for the kids unless you want a mix of Justin Beiber in your morning music medley.

The bottom line is if you're buying this headrest and can deal being handicapped by these limitations then it sounds like a good deal.
                    Last edited by Sonicxtacy02; 12-28-2011, 09:39 AM.
                    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

i could live without GPS on a headrest device, in my opinion where this really lacks is the support for multitouch games on a resistive touch screen, can't undock from the headrest even if you wanted to play games and bluetooth support for external controller. however if your just going to listen to music, watch movies it may not be bad but even surfing the web would be painful since you can't hold the device.

EDIT: re-reading the description it does say RF headphones so that's one issue off the list
                      Last edited by zr2ee; 12-30-2011, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X