Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Quality?

Hi Guys,

I'm debating a tablet install, but have yet to find a review that shows the sound quality of the 3.5mm jack on any of the tablets. Has anyone of you come across such information?

So far the only tablet that advertises good SQ is the creative Ziio, but it's a bit dated in terms of HW.

I have been thinking about this lately, and while I can't answer your question, maybe I can pose a better question. Would it be a good idea to use the mini hdmi out, and something like this converter? Hopefully the tablet doesn't black out (or there is a setting) when connected to hdmi.

Comment

Hmm...
      [ 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S | Dark Slate | CVT | HTC Evo View 4G In-Car Tablet | Interior LEDs | DDM 6000K ]
      [ Massive VK6 Front Stage | 3xJL W610 | Zapco AG750 | Alpine MRPF240 | Clarion EQS746 ]

Comment

Your question is too general
        if there is a specific tablet that's interest you , look at its specs find his DAC and google search it for reviews/specs
        http://www.head-fi.org/ might help you too

Generally the internal dac on these devices isn't made for SQ
        I recommend using an external dac ( usb/hdmi )
        HeadUnit : Car-Pc | Processor : JBL MS-8 | Front Stage : Woofer - Mpyre 65M , Mid - Dayton RS100-4 , Tweeter - Tang-Band Ceramic 25-1719S | Subwoofer : Hertz HX250D | Amps : A/D/S PQ10 , Hifonics Olympus XI , SPL AB03445 | Wiring : Sommer , Neutrik

Comment

Originally posted by Longarms View Post
          I have been thinking about this lately, and while I can't answer your question, maybe I can pose a better question. Would it be a good idea to use the mini hdmi out, and something like this converter? Hopefully the tablet doesn't black out (or there is a setting) when connected to hdmi.
          I have tried this with my moto xoom, no such luck on the audio. I could get video no problem but no audio of any kind. I'm trying another adapter from amazon sometime this week.

There was a video on youtube showing an ipad with a usb to optical out sound card, but they no longer make it and I cant find it online anywhere.

Comment

Working...
          X