Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android's ADW launcher + 2 widgets = Minimalist CarFE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android's ADW launcher + 2 widgets = Minimalist CarFE?

This is a work in in progress.

This is my Sequoia and the tablet is the rooted GTab 8.9 LTE. Usig ADW Launcher + Multipicture live wallpaper and Simple text.
    I know there are Anddroid apps for the car, but either I don't like them, or when they work, they dont have the style I want. Iv've been using mp3car member's AndCar app with good results.
    I'm liking these better, though:

Please be easy on the criticism, suggestions are welcome. :-) Im looking for a widget to display the current paying song, no matter what source (Google Music, Amazon, Pandora, etc.) Any ideas?
    Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
    Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Video Showing the transitions. Very Smooth, IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6bQx...e_gdata_player

Hope the link works. Posting all this from my tablet.

Comment

Are you getting that (appearing/disappearing) dock via ADW or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by daclothe View Post
        Are you getting that (appearing/disappearing) dock via ADW or something else?

The zoom effect come from the multi picture live wallpaper. There also a silimilar zoom and slide setting that is very cool. The ads also has a zoom effect that only applies to the Widgets and icons. I just left it at default.

Comment

@RH
          I was talking about this dock
          Click image for larger version

Name:	dock.gif
Views:	1
Size:	4.73 MB
ID:	2283666

http://gifninja.com/animated-gifs/612820/dock

Comment

Very cool. Didnt think of the simple text widgets. Love it.

Interested to see if you find a widget that shows song playing.
            [ 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S | Dark Slate | CVT | HTC Evo View 4G In-Car Tablet | Interior LEDs | DDM 6000K ]
            [ Massive VK6 Front Stage | 3xJL W610 | Zapco AG750 | Alpine MRPF240 | Clarion EQS746 ]

Comment

Originally posted by daclothe View Post
              @RH
              I was talking about this dock
              [ATTACH]65039[/ATTACH]

http://gifninja.com/animated-gifs/612820/dock
              Oh, I got it. Yes, that from ADW. You can setup and down gesture actions, like this one. Useful when you want to use the tablet when you're not driving, etc. The dock comes with adw, you cando a couple of things with it too (I enlarged the icons).

Comment

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
                Oh, I got it. Yes, that from ADW. You can setup and down gesture actions, like this one. Useful when you want to use the tablet when you're not driving, etc. The dock comes with adw, you cando a couple of things with it too (I enlarged the icons).
                Seems like I learn something new about android every day. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

No problem. For now I'm using media buttons widget that simulates BT headphone controls. I've put three black round butoons on the top right side in the music page (prev, play/pause, next). Works great with all the apps I've tested.just need the track info display now.

Comment

Mr Rippling Hurst do you know of a app that can control a android tablet to shut down when power is removed from the charge port?

Comment

Originally posted by jontheinstaller View Post
                      Mr Rippling Hurst do you know of a app that can control a android tablet to shut down when power is removed from the charge port?
                      Tasker will do that for you and much much more.

Comment

Tasker is what i use too

Comment

Looks awesome!

Always loved the idea of widgets....very flexible and powerfull!

I've been experimenting with a Le Pan 9.7" tablet...loving all the android media options (pandora , tunein , etc) plus you cant beat google maps for online nav...

The tablet has froyo 2.2, I am planning on getting the Samsung Galaxy 7.7 Amoled when it comes out...

To get to the point , I was hoping there was some kind of app/widget that would embed itself into that bottom status bar that would allow for media controls as well as display song info...nothing like that around, eh?
                          Sig, smig...

Ford Flex Toshiba Excite 7.7 Install

CoverMess - Cool Flash Covers

FlashFlex - Flash Components for your skinning pleasure

Mazda Millenia, Road Runner

YouTube - Road Runner, IGO8 PC, Dashcommand OBD, Visteon HD Radio

Comment

Thanks.

There's lots of widget for weather and battery info. But I'm still looking, I posted here and at XDA, positive feedback there, but no ideas.

You get widget specific for say, pandora, but not one that could work with Pandora and say Google Music. I'm using Google Music (used all 20K limit - but it's not streaming per se, it downloads the whole song. So my 320kps mp3 collection is a bandwidth hog. I used 400Mb in one day just with Music. You can use Pandora for a week and don't use that much. I also have Amazon Music, whatever you purchase goes there for free, and there's a great selection, and most stuff I buy on Amazon anyways, and also use Pandora and Tunein radio). Each link on my music menu goes to either Google Music or Pandora or TuneIn radio, where I can listen to FM radio without noise.

Works great so far, but I'm tempted of putting a NAS in the car, but it would have to be DLNA capable, or it wouldn't be app/widget friendly.

Comment

How are you getting simple text to use larger size fonts? When I increase the text and use desktop Visualizer or go launcher the icon cdoesnt show all the text

Comment

Working...
                              X