No announcement yet.

fm reciever?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fm reciever?

How do you guys get fm radio? I know there are a few older tabs that have fm, but most don't. I don't want to be tied to using data for fm if I don't have to be. Any other options out there?

interesting question

If you find one. by all means please post it. One of the issues with Android tablets is a lack of a FM radio solution.
      "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
      My Shop

If your radio station supplies an internet stream, you could try TuneIn from the Play Store

It has almost all of my local stations available

some devices have it, most do not. search the play market for fm radio and it will give you a slew of streaming options and a couple of non streaming options for select devices.

the current solutions being used right now to retain FM radio, CD, steering wheel controls and bluetooth are to use a headunit tucked away either behind the tablet unit or in a glovebox or center console as the amplifier. Otherwise there are a few units such as my Ca-Fi double din that come with android built in and retain these features but they have some problems in and of themselves.

Just need somebody to build an Android 3.1+ app to use Visteon/Directed radio, put it on the Play Store. They can make a buck-or-two to make up for buying the Slick USB serial library ($99). The app, of course, would talk to the radio via Mitch's cable.

If I had the skills I would do it. There is something for MP3Car to do. Another (small) revenue stream.

03 Cadillac CTS
            ZOTAC G43ITX-A-E 2.5ghz Core i3 2GB 160GB SSD
            Win7 Ultimate - OpenMobile - Directed HD - Wifi
            OMMaps + MS GPS Puck - WiFi via LTE Android phone
            2 Zones - Matrix Orbital LCD - Arduino - Build Pics

theres a bluetooth audio transmitter on ebay thats supposed to convet an audio source via 1/8 inch connect to bluetooth but i havent done it yet, but will in a few days. i plan on connecting it to my hd radio by visteon/directed.