taskers help for noob (mega numb)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taskers help for noob (mega numb)

Hi all I am very new to all this tablet app stuff I have just bought a samsung tab 2 and downloaded tasker so i can use it in the car as the main unit
    I need help (an idiots guide) to set taskers up I want a step by step on how to get it to launch the music player app when power is applied and end the music app when power is stopped,I have tried to understand the taskers how to but I cant get it to work following that guide

any help and advice would be great are there any front end that are any good like centrafuse ect

This is my first every tablet and its going to be fitted in my megane cc fingers crossed

I have managed to get it to start playing music when power is plugeged in, but when i set up kill app it wont end the music when power unpluged please help
    Last edited by coolcoupe; 09-21-2012, 08:34 AM.

Originally posted by coolcoupe View Post
    Hi all I am very new to all this tablet app stuff I have just bought a samsung tab 2 and downloaded tasker so i can use it in the car as the main unit
    I need help (an idiots guide) to set taskers up I want a step by step on how to get it to launch the music player app when power is applied and end the music app when power is stopped,I have tried to understand the taskers how to but I cant get it to work following that guide

any help and advice would be great are there any front end that are any good like centrafuse ect

This is my first every tablet and its going to be fitted in my megane cc fingers crossed

I have managed to get it to start playing music when power is plugeged in, but when i set up kill app it wont end the music when power unpluged please help
    I've never been able to get the kill app task to work correctly, i believe if the app has a service running it will just re-open the app. there should be a task specifically for media called stop media or something along those lines. you can always click on the little question marks inside the app to figure out what things do and how to use them.

Comment

tried stop music it did nothing??

Comment

I have a couple questions. So do you have your tablet setup to power on/off with ignition? Do you have audio through BT?

One comment I have is I now have quite a few tasks and profiles that include killing or restarting apps. It should work fine. I know there are media tasks that do things like stop/play music,etc.

Can you outline the steps in your tasker profile?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
        "Live Free!!!...It's all about Open Source"
        Recent Proj
        Old Proj II
        Old Proj I
        YouTube:Project Videos
        Homepage: HexxWorld.net
        Twitter:http://twitter.com/hexxamillion

Comment

Originally posted by hexxamillion View Post
          I have a couple questions. So do you have your tablet setup to power on/off with ignition? Do you have audio through BT?

One comment I have is I now have quite a few tasks and profiles that include killing or restarting apps. It should work fine. I know there are media tasks that do things like stop/play music,etc.

Can you outline the steps in your tasker profile?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
          so far i have got it to turn the screen on off with ignitionand it loads car which is a free launcher and i can get it to load up rocket player(but not start playing), but when i end power all that happens is the screen goes blank but it does not end the apps (car hamoe and rocket player)

so far on power up its set as:
          1. stay on
          mode with ac or usb

2 bluetooth on
          set on

3 load app
          app carhome

4 load app rocket player

-----------------

when power off

1 bluetooth
          set off

2 system lock

3 kill app
          app car home

4 kill app
          app rocket player

-----------------
          audio through bt ?? not sure what you mean

Comment

Where I was going with my question is that whether you are streaming the music via bluetooth or audio jack then many music apps have option to stop playing the music when audio is disconnected. What app are you using? You may not need to mess with killing the music app. For example Poweramp (so awesome it is) will stop playing when audio is disconnected whether it be via bluetooth or audio jack.

Does your tablet stay powered with the display timed out or does it actually shut down?
            Recent Proj
            Old Proj II
            Old Proj I

Comment

I overlooked your note about Rocket Player. That app seems to be just as cool as Poweramp so I would imagine there must be some settings within the app to configure the audio for disconnect.
              Recent Proj
              Old Proj II
              Old Proj I

Comment

yeah rocket seems ok and is free
                the music will be played through 3.5 which will be left plugged in at all time (unless i take it out of car)

tablet does not shut down just screen goes black (best i can do)

Comment

what i need is when the car starts it starts up the tablet and starts carhome and rocket and starts playing music from where it ended,it should also start bluetooth and connect to my phone ..
                  when powered down everything stops and screen goes black (turns off)

any help would be great

Comment

Originally posted by coolcoupe View Post
                    what i need is when the car starts it starts up the tablet and starts carhome and rocket and starts playing music from where it ended,it should also start bluetooth and connect to my phone ..
                    when powered down everything stops and screen goes black (turns off)

any help would be great
                    So as I'm sure you see that there are steps for each of these actions. Regarding the music, I just tested a task that all it did was stop music. I started playing a track on poweramp then I tapped my new task widget and the music stopped playing.

So perhaps rather than killing the music app try replacing that task with Category MEDIA > MEDIA CONTROL > then from the Cmd drop menu select "Stop" or "Pause" if you want it to resume the play. This simulates tapping the stop or pause button on the music player. I would imagine you should be able to do the opposite for starting.
                    Recent Proj
                    Old Proj II
                    Old Proj I

Comment

I make it pause the music and "go home", you dont necessarily have to kill the apps
                      Android Tablet In-Car Sliding Dock using hacked DVD drive

Comment

Originally posted by badmonkey23 View Post
                        I make it pause the music and "go home", you dont necessarily have to kill the apps

but is that not still using power ,or does it not matter

Comment

Originally posted by hexxamillion View Post
                          So perhaps rather than killing the music app try replacing that task with Category MEDIA > MEDIA CONTROL > then from the Cmd drop menu select "Stop" or "Pause" if you want it to resume the play. This simulates tapping the stop or pause button on the music player. I would imagine you should be able to do the opposite for starting.
                          perfect thanks for that it know starts and stops when plug and unplgged

as for the car home app as advised I have gone home rather than kill it and that works

thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                          X