remote desktop and host audio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote desktop and host audio

i'm building a windows 8 car pc since i need more audio outputs and processing power than i'd get from a tablet. i'd still like to control it on a tablet via remote desktop though. between windows devices, it is easy to leave audio at the host computer in the settings. is there an android app that would allow this? also curious whether or not the app can handle video without too much lag.

Originally posted by glack View Post
    i'm building a windows 8 car pc since i need more audio outputs and processing power than i'd get from a tablet. i'd still like to control it on a tablet via remote desktop though. between windows devices, it is easy to leave audio at the host computer in the settings. is there an android app that would allow this? also curious whether or not the app can handle video without too much lag.
    I believe, iirc, that Splashtop (THD if you have an nvidia-powered tablet) will do both...I've watched 1080i tv recordings on it with no video stuttering, but don't know the effects of not muting the host PC on audio perhaps preceding video on the tablet. That, and if you're doing any type of digital audio processing....
    I have too much time and too little aggravation in my life, so I built a carPC. ;)

Comment

yeah, those are the stumbling blocks i'm expecting too. processing is definitely in the mix, it's powering a fully active audio setup with crossover points created digitally. if anything i expect the video to lag behind audio, so i may be able to factor in some audio delay if it's a predictable lag. if someone would release a capacitive screen with a high enough native resolution to run windows 8 un-tweaked, this would get a whole lot easier. then again... it's a carpc.

Comment

Working...
      X