No announcement yet.

Custom 3.5mm to RCA cable or three way splitter?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom 3.5mm to RCA cable or three way splitter?

I am doing a tablet install into my truck with a USB DAC. I've got everything worked out except I need to hook up a 3.5mm jack to a a 6 channel car amp. I realize that it is not possible to access six channels from a 2 channel source, but I just need to physically connect to all 6 RCA jacks on the amp to get sound to play through all of my speakers.

Y splitters have one input and two outputs, but I need a splitter that has one input and THREE outputs. Either that or a cable that has a 3.5mm input and SIX RCA ends (3 left and 3 right.) I know that I am having trouble with this because these items are not in high demand, but I am hoping that someone out there makes custom cables and I could commission them to build one for me.

Thanks for any help.

XD700/5 - Car Audio - Amplifiers - XD - JL Audio

Click image for larger version

Name:	nexus.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	2311446

P.S. I know that an option could be to use an EQ or crossover to accomplish this, but I'm trying to go for a minimalist build.

I am looking for a solution to this as well. My fear of using a splitters is signal degradation. I feel like an active EQ or signal processor would make the signal stronger.